Troops give a big "F-U" back to Kerry

This is a discussion on Troops give a big "F-U" back to Kerry within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Todd...... that is the best biography I've ever seen on Comrade Kerry....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Troops give a big "F-U" back to Kerry

Todd...... that is the best biography I've ever seen on Comrade Kerry.
    John
    XD40 Service
    S&W638 Airweight .38

Kahr CW9
    Hi-Point 995 Carbine

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    <-- Kerry
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Todd...

well done...and...

Exactly how much time did Kerry serve in Vietnam?

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    GUYS.....DONT HATE KERRY! LOVE HIM FOR WHO HE REALLY IS!

He's the Republicans Best Friend. No one can do more damage to there own party at a more critical juncture......at least no one I can think of.

Jon...keep it up. Your country and the GOP need you to just keep it up!

Yee haa.....Shoot well and god bless our troops.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

not sure if this was ever posted before but this was a letter Oliver North sent to Kerry back in 2004 but it is still good. it is from snopes.com as true http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/north.asp

Dear John,

As usual, you have it wrong. You don't have a beef with President George Bush about your war record. He's been exceedingly generous about your military service. Your complaint is with the 2.5 million of us who served honorably in a war that ended 29 years ago and which you, not the president, made the centerpiece of this campaign.

I talk to a lot of vets, John, and this really isn't about your medals or how you got them. Like you, I have a Silver Star and a Bronze Star. I only have two Purple Hearts, though. I turned down the others so that I could stay with the Marines in my rifle platoon. But I think you might agree with me, though I've never heard you say it, that the officers always got more medals than they earned and the youngsters we led never got as many medals as they deserved.

This really isn't about how early you came home from that war, either, John. There have always been guys in every war who want to go home. There are also lots of guys, like those in my rifle platoon in Vietnam, who did a full 13 months in the field. And there are, thankfully, lots of young Americans today in Iraq and Afghanistan who volunteered to return to war because, as one of them told me in Ramadi a few weeks ago, "the job isn't finished."

Nor is this about whether you were in Cambodia on Christmas Eve, 1968. Heck John, people get lost going on vacation. If you got lost, just say so. Your campaign has admitted that you now know that you really weren't in Cambodia that night and that Richard Nixon wasn't really president when you thought he was. Now would be a good time to explain to us how you could have all that bogus stuff "seared" into your memory -- especially since you want to have your finger on our nation's nuclear trigger.

But that's not really the problem, either. The trouble you're having, John, isn't about your medals or coming home early or getting lost -- or even Richard Nixon. The issue is what you did to us when you came home, John.

When you got home, you co-founded Vietnam Veterans Against the War and wrote "The New Soldier," which denounced those of us who served -- and were still serving -- on the battlefields of a thankless war. Worst of all, John, you then accused me -- and all of us who served in Vietnam -- of committing terrible crimes and atrocities.

On April 22, 1971, under oath, you told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee that you had knowledge that American troops "had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the country side of South Vietnam." And you admitted on television that "yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed."

And for good measure you stated, "(America is) more guilty than any other body, of violations of (the) Geneva Conventions ... the torture of prisoners, the killing of prisoners."

Your "antiwar" statements and activities were painful for those of us carrying the scars of Vietnam and trying to move on with our lives. And for those who were still there, it was even more hurtful. But those who suffered the most from what you said and did were the hundreds of American prisoners of war being held by Hanoi. Here's what some of them endured because of you, John:

Capt. James Warner had already spent four years in Vietnamese custody when he was handed a copy of your testimony by his captors. Warner says that for his captors, your statements "were proof I deserved to be punished." He wasn't released until March 14, 1973.

Maj. Kenneth Cordier, an Air Force pilot who was in Vietnamese custody for 2,284 days, says his captors "repeated incessantly" your one-liner about being "the last man to die" for a lost cause. Cordier was released March 4, 1973.

Navy Lt. Paul Galanti says your accusations "were as demoralizing as solitary (confinement) ... and a prime reason the war dragged on." He remained in North Vietnamese hands until February 12, 1973.

John, did you think they would forget? When Tim Russert asked about your claim that you and others in Vietnam committed "atrocities," instead of standing by your sworn testimony, you confessed that your words "were a bit over the top." Does that mean you lied under oath? Or does it mean you are a war criminal? You can't have this one both ways, John. Either way, you're not fit to be a prison guard at Abu Ghraib, much less commander in chief.

One last thing, John. In 1988, Jane Fonda said: "I would like to say something ... to men who were in Vietnam, who I hurt, or whose pain I caused to deepen because of things that I said or did. I was trying to help end the killing and the war, but there were times when I was thoughtless and careless about it and I'm ... very sorry that I hurt them. And I want to apologize to them and their families."

Even Jane Fonda apologized. Will you, John?
    911 Government sponsored dial a prayer!

Stupid mis-statement on Kerry's part. As has been said, however, his intent was not to disrespect the troops, and he has apologized, albeit in a slow and clumsy fashion. It's telling, however, that this has become the most vocal issue for the administration.

It's a symptom of how very polarized the country has become, that a silly gaffe by a non-candidate becomes the cause celebre, a week before an election of such importance. Let's hope (a forlorn hope?) that voters will cut through the hyped rhetoric of both sides and vote their consciences on the actual issues. There's too much at stake to trivialize it.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    It's a symptom of how very polarized the country has become, that a silly gaffe by a non-candidate becomes the cause celebre, a week before an election of such importance.
    Also shows how desperate this Administration is to deflect the discussion from the morass and its performance, even via a comment by a non-candidate. Anyone/everyone who criticizes, the past several years, is "assassinated" publicly, whether he helps/hinders himself with his own comments or not. Now, that is a sign.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Regardless of what he "wanted" to say what he did say came across as insulting to our military men and women. As the President of the USA it would be his duty to bring attention to the comment, regardless of party affiliation. If Bush didn't then everyone would have been all over him for not supporting the troops.

Kerry could have made this a non issue if he would have corrected himself in a timely manor. His delay in correcting himself and/or making amends to the military (and his history of bashing the military) lends credence to the fact that the military was the target of that comment and not the Administration.
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

Kerry 1972 Army comments:

"I am convinced a volunteer army would be an army of the poor and the black and the brown," Kerry wrote. "We must not repeat the travesty of the inequities present during Vietnam. I also fear having a professional army that views the perpetuation of war crimes as simply 'doing its job.'

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20061102/D8L4QH580.html

I think kerry meant what he said.
    I can't stand the guy and the way he's trying to spin it now.
    Undefensable.
    A "botched joke"... come on. There was no joke anywhere in there no matter how many words he changes or adds.
    I'd have more respect for him if he stood by his words, even if I disagree with them, rather than trying to worm his way out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_db View Post
    I think kerry meant what he said.
    I can't stand the guy and the way he's trying to spin it now.
    Undefensable.
    A "botched joke"... come on. There was no joke anywhere in there no matter how many words he changes or adds.
    I'd have more respect for him if he stood by his words, even if I disagree with them, rather than trying to worm his way out of it.
    He meant what he said ..... before he didn't mean what he said .....

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    He meant what he said ..... before he didn't mean what he said .....
    nice!

Senior Moderator
    Give poor John a break, he's not responible for his actions, its socitey's fault.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Quote Originally Posted by SammyIamToday View Post
    Yeah, it was tasteless and stupid politically for him to say, but I don't think he meant anything to the troops, just to Bush. That was my point. I spent time in Iraq with the good ole Marine Corps and it didn't offend me. Everyone's different though.
    This isn't the 1st time he has expressed this attitude towards the military.

In 1972, as he ran for the House, he was less apologetic in his comments about the merits of a volunteer army. He declared in the questionnaire that he opposed the draft but considered a volunteer army "a greater anathema."

"I am convinced a volunteer army would be an army of the poor and the black and the brown," Kerry wrote. "We must not repeat the travesty of the inequities present during Vietnam. I also fear having a professional army that views the perpetuation of war crimes as simply 'doing its job.'

"Equally as important, a volunteer army with our present constitutional crisis takes accountability away from the president and put the people further from control over military activities," he wrote.

Nothing about Bush here, is there?
    Life is too short to be serious!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links