Troops give a big "F-U" back to Kerry - Page 4

Troops give a big "F-U" back to Kerry

This is a discussion on Troops give a big "F-U" back to Kerry within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I wont give him a break at all!!!!!!!!!!! Te he he. Anyone who is just gonna take cheap partison liberal shots at the president....the origin ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Troops give a big "F-U" back to Kerry

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    I wont give him a break at all!!!!!!!!!!! Te he he. Anyone who is just gonna take cheap partison liberal shots at the president....the origin of the alleged botched joke and he cant even do that right! And gives the ribbing to our Men in Arms......
    He deserves everything he gets.....I hope the Democrats roast him.
    Wouldnt surprise me at all..............
    And Todd....he is a worm. What do you expect? :)
    Shoot well and god bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Quote Originally Posted by MSGTTBAR View Post
    This isn't the 1st time he has expressed this attitude towards the military.

In 1972, as he ran for the House, he was less apologetic in his comments about the merits of a volunteer army. He declared in the questionnaire that he opposed the draft but considered a volunteer army "a greater anathema."

"I am convinced a volunteer army would be an army of the poor and the black and the brown," Kerry wrote. "We must not repeat the travesty of the inequities present during Vietnam. I also fear having a professional army that views the perpetuation of war crimes as simply 'doing its job.'

"Equally as important, a volunteer army with our present constitutional crisis takes accountability away from the president and put the people further from control over military activities," he wrote.

Nothing about Bush here, is there?
    No, but the thread isn't about his 1972 statements either. I never said the guy is on the military's side, just that I don't view this statement as detrimental to the military. It was just a botched joke because he's about as bad of a public speaker as Bush.

"Jon Carry" deserves all the mis-spelled signs that can be mustered up.
    35 years ago? Didn't like him then, still don't like him now.
    Can retirees volunteer to paint signs?
    "There is no such thing as too much ammo. Unless you're swimming!"

Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar
    So lemme get this straight. You guys will stand behind Bush while he sends thousands of our troops to their deaths but will jump on Kerry for making a demeaning remark towards them? I just don't get it. Accident or not, this bandwagon hating of the Dems is just ridiculous.

I can't stand that in this country as long as you preface your words or actions with "I support the troops" you can get away with anything. I think it cheapens the actions from the real supporters.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by ElMonoDelMar View Post
    So lemme get this straight. You guys will stand behind Bush while he sends thousands of our troops to their deaths but will jump on Kerry for making a demeaning remark towards them? I just don't get it. Accident or not, this bandwagon hating of the Dems is just ridiculous.

I can't stand that in this country as long as you preface your words or actions with "I support the troops" you can get away with anything. I think it cheapens the actions from the real supporters.
    I don"t hate any American, but there are a lot that make me want to loose my lunch. And sure make me wonder whos side there on!!

Senior Moderator

I do not support Bush nor his tax policies. That is why I never voted for him. I didn't vote for Kerry either. I voted for the Sen. from Az who Bush beat in the 2000 primary. I agree with you that this war was ill planned from the top. It is not the fault of the "guys with mud on their boots" That they have to follow someonelses plan. That is what the problem I have with Mr. Kerry plus he is a and wants the rest of us to be

Man this thread is long.

IMO - John Kerry is nothing more than an oportunistic liberal elitist, who will lie and then change his lie depending upon the crowd he's in front of, Just like Bubba did. we have people like him in both parties, and I count McCain as one also.

I don't dislike Dems, in fact, though i'm a Rep. there are some dems who I really like. I dislike two faced liars and traitors regardles of party. Kerry, is just one of the many who speaks out of both sides of his mouth on both sides of the isle.

After reading all of the comments posted heretofore, I move that Bumper change the name of this site to CombatKerry.com...lol
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

VIP Member
    I have just one question. If it was a botched joke, where is the real joke? If he botched it give us the real one so that we can see how easily he could have botched it.

Why have we not seen the real joke? Because they can't find anybody who can write one with the material Kerry provided. In order to provide a joke they have to edit out Kerry's entire remarks. The remarks don't even have one word about the president in them. So he forgot what the joke was and who it was about. He then just adlibs an assault on the American fighting man. What is great is that the educational level and intelligence of the American military is at a higher level today than it was when Kerry was in. And that's not just because they had to factor Kerry's intelligence into the mix.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    I have just one question. If it was a botched joke, where is the real joke? If he botched it give us the real one so that we can see how easily he could have botched it.

Why have we not seen the real joke? Because they can't find anybody who can write one with the material Kerry provided. In order to provide a joke they have to edit out Kerry's entire remarks. The remarks don't even have one word about the president in them. So he forgot what the joke was and who it was about. He then just adlibs an assault on the American fighting man. What is great is that the educational level and intelligence of the American military is at a higher level today than it was when Kerry was in. And that's not just because they had to factor Kerry's intelligence into the mix.
    Afterward, a Kerry aide explained that the senator had "mangled" a prepared statement, which was actually supposed to be a barb at Bush: "Do you know where you end up if you don't study, if you aren't smart, if you're intellectually lazy? You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/...rks/index.html

well that's a load of bull too, the left says "i support the troops" all the time, there not getting away with it though, they're still critized for substance.

Quote Originally Posted by threeonebravo View Post
    well that's a load of bull too, the left says "i support the troops" all the time, there not getting away with it though, they're still critized for substance.
    And that's my point. No one cares what the GOP does as long as they use the key phrase.

The Right claimes to support the troops, but look what mess they've put the troops in.

The Right claimes [sic] to support the troops, but look what mess they've put the troops in.
    Exactly. There's "supporting" the soldiers, whatever the hell that means, and there's caring for the soldiers' welfare. von Clausewitz was right.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

thats awesome
    "Dont be afraid to go after what you want to do, and what you want to be. But don't be afraid to be willing to pay the price." - Lane Frost

VIP Member
    Afterward, a Kerry aide explained that the senator had "mangled" a prepared statement, which was actually supposed to be a barb at Bush: "Do you know where you end up if you don't study, if you aren't smart, if you're intellectually lazy? You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq."

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/...rks/index.html

Who are we to believe Kerry or the aide. Here is Kerry's statement from his website.

November 1, 2006

Statement of Senator John Kerry

As a combat veteran, I want to make it clear to anyone in uniform and to their loved ones: my poorly stated joke at a rally was not about, and never intended to refer to any troop.

I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in uniform, and I personally apologize to any service member, family member, or American who was offended.

It is clear the Republican Party would rather talk about anything but their failed security policy. I donít want my verbal slip to be a diversion from the real issues. I will continue to fight for a change of course to provide real security for our country, and a winning strategy for our troops.
    http://www.johnkerry.com/news/releas...ase.html?id=37

It appears Kerry disagrees with his aide. Kerry calls it "my poorly stated joke." So where is the joke. By the way the so called barb at the President is not that much better than what Kerry actually said. Kerry talking about not studying and being intellectually lazy is laughable. Who had the better grades? Who holds the higher degree? Kerry is not the answer to either of those questions.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    Who are we to believe Kerry or the aide. Here is Kerry's statement from his website.

It appears Kerry disagrees with his aide. Kerry calls it "my poorly stated joke." So where is the joke. By the way the so called barb at the President is not that much better than what Kerry actually said. Kerry talking about not studying and being intellectually lazy is laughable. Who had the better grades? Who holds the higher degree? Kerry is not the answer to either of those questions.
    Kerry's aide addressed the issue. That's what aides do. How many times have Bush's aides had to cover up for one of his flub ups?

And who cares how funny or un-funny his joke was meant to be? The point is that he misspoke and put down the troops in the process.

You asked for the "real" joke and you got it via CNN and his aide.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links