Troops give a big "F-U" back to Kerry

This is a discussion on Troops give a big "F-U" back to Kerry within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by ElMonoDelMar Kerry's aide addressed the issue. That's what aides do. How many times have Bush's aides had to cover up for one ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Troops give a big "F-U" back to Kerry

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ElMonoDelMar View Post
    Kerry's aide addressed the issue. That's what aides do. How many times have Bush's aides had to cover up for one of his flub ups?

And who cares how funny or un-funny his joke was meant to be? The point is that he misspoke and put down the troops in the process.

You asked for the "real" joke and you got it via CNN and his aide.
    No wonder he is such a joke neither he nor his aide would know a joke if it bit them. My problem with the whole thing is that joke or not the man ranted about everything else and finally had someone post his so called apology on his website. He has had neither the courage nor the honesty to apologize for what he said. Instead even the "apology" blames someone else.

I have a real problem with someone who will no own up to his mistakes. Fine he mis-spoke. His aide says he mis-spoke. He rants. Finally the apology appears. But as of now Kerry has not publicly in his own voice made an apology to the troops. He may not have intended it as a swat at them, but that is the way the press, the public, his fellow Democrats, and the troops took it. It is time to play the man and state that he is sorry that he offended. His intention is not what is the problem, his words and his attitude are the problem.

I am no longer in the military, but I was offended by the statement. Let's not get into semantics about what supporting the troops means nor in the rightness or wrongness of the activities in Iraq. The troops who are there are there because their Commander and Chief sent them there. You can argue all you want to about whether they should be there, the fact remains that they are. A politician is out of line when he makes derogatory remarks, intentionally or unintentionally, about the people who are doing their job and shedding their blood. We have seen the kind of problems that kind of rhetoric can cause and there is no excuse for it. Disagree with the man doing the sending, campaign against him, vote for bills to bring the troops home, do whatever is legal for you to do to change things, but never under any circumstances attack the troops for what they do. In my book any man who does and then for a period of time refuses to acknowledge it and apologize for it is not a man but a coward regardless of political party or any other thing.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Afterward, a Kerry aide explained that the senator had "mangled" a prepared statement, which was actually supposed to be a barb at Bush: "Do you know where you end up if you don't study, if you aren't smart, if you're intellectually lazy? You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq."

Even so, we are still dealing with a politician who is low enough to be making this about, "Nyah nyah, you're a stupidhead!" He couldn't really be that juvenile, could he? I guess so.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    Finally the apology appears.

What "apology"?!

What I heard was not an "apology."

He said he was sorry that his words got INTERPRETED the way they did. Not that he was sorry for saying x, y or z.

If I called you a stupid jerkhead, and you demanded an apology, would you be satisfied if I said, "I'm sorry you took what I said to be offensive"?!

These politician scumbags get away with that exact kind of doubletalk all the freakin' time. It's infuriating. No one ever has the balls to call them on it!

The picture is from the 1st Bat of the 34 ID Red Bulls. About 2600 Minnesotains are in Iraq in that Battion about half of the group there. Some of the families have picked out their fathers, sons and brothers.

Off corse we hav teribl shcols in Minasota!

Way to go fellow Minnesotains!!!
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Kerry tells "jokes" in a style reminiscent of Genghis Khan.....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    I have a real problem with someone who will no own up to his mistakes.
    Like the time when a reporter asked GW if there was anything he wished he could have done differently during his presidency. W responded with a simple "nope".

I guess if we can't expect our Commander-in-Chief to own up to his own mistakes, then we shouldn't expect anymore from a regular old Senator.

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    He's hardy the first President to do that. We lost more servicemembers on some days in WWI & WWII than we've lost in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

It's Soldier's job to go to dangerous places where people want to kill him. It's the President's job to send him there.

So lemme get this straight. You guys will stand behind Bush while he sends thousands of our troops to their deaths but will jump on Kerry for making a demeaning remark towards them? I just don't get it.
    Which mistakes would those be?

I guess if we can't expect our Commander-in-Chief to own up to his own mistakes, then we shouldn't expect anymore from a regular old Senator.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by tanksoldier View Post
    Which mistakes would those be?

Haha, is this a serious statement? As long as the Repubs say they are protecting the 2A we'll let them get away with anything won't we.

VIP Member
    Like the time when a reporter asked GW if there was anything he wished he could have done differently during his presidency. W responded with a simple "nope".

Logical fallacy there. The president did not deny making mistakes. He simply said that he would do nothing differently. In essence saying: given the same situation and the same information I would make the same decision. That is a lot different than saying: I voted for the war before I voted against it.

Personally I find it quite refreshing to hear a politician who is willing to live with what he has done and how he has done it. As opposed to one that checks to see which way the wind is blowing and goes with it. Like the ones who say that it all depends on what the definition of "is" is. They remind me of the story that is told of a politician during the French Revolution who saw a mob surging down the street and exclaimed, “There go my people. I must catch up with them so I can lead them!”
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I have a feeling you only find it refreshing to see REPUBLICAN politicians stand by what they've done. Anytime a Dem doesn't issue an immediate apology for his actions he's simply being selfish and un-American. Also, anytime the Dems to apologize for something they're flip-floppers. Honestly, what do you want from them?

Quote Originally Posted by tanksoldier View Post
    He's hardy the first President to do that. We lost more servicemembers on some days in WWI & WWII than we've lost in both Iraq and Afghanistan.
    WWI, WWII and Afghanistan we're not wars we had a choice in. Iraq on the other hand...well that's another debte for another time.

Either way you look at it, I don't think you'll find many people who will put Iraq on the same level as the two world wars.

Okay guys, I don't believe this is about Republicans or Democrats or party affiliations.
    It's about how our military at peace or at war understands or accepts the remarks of a certain individual.
    As a 30 year career soldier who was seriously offended by that individuals remarks and actions of 35 years ago, I totally understand how and why our present military people can be, and, that some are offended by the same.
    For me, if you guys really have a need to talk or banter "party" politics, you should go outside.
    For those of you who carry a dull pencil you might consider sharpening it up a bit. Any dull pencils I've had in my life just took up space in my pocket, only wrote fuzzy, couldn't stay inside the lines and were better left at home.
    "There is no such thing as too much ammo. Unless you're swimming!"

The only reason I pipped up was because this whole discussion was turning into a huge Kerry/dem bashing session on a supposedly non-political forum.

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Okay guys, I don't believe this is about Republicans or Democrats or party affiliations.
    It's about how our military at peace or at war understands or accepts the remarks of a certain individual.
    ElMonoDelMar,

There are several of us here on this forum who have served in combat for our country in various wars. I can understand how someone without that kind of experience would find it difficult to share our views of people who at one time or another have made statements that denigrate us, or our service. You have every right to disagree with anyone on this board, and to support any politician, or political party of your choice. Some of us made tremendous sacrifices just so you have that right.
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Assistant Administrator
    The thread is becoming more of a political ''battle'' if we are not careful. We all here I am sure support our boys - and that much has been expressed.

I doubt there is much more to be gained by continuation - better we quit while things are still fairly civil Otherwise it may become a ''damage limitation'' excercise!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links