Home Invasion Victims Speak Out

This is a discussion on Home Invasion Victims Speak Out within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is getting to be more common, and unless we all are armed, it will continue. While we have Law Enforcement and I support them, ...

Thread: Home Invasion Victims Speak Out

This is getting to be more common, and unless we all are armed, it will continue. While we have Law Enforcement and I support them, they literally have no duty to protect us, they could if possible but they are thinly dispersed.

If these victims had a firearm and know how to use it, the invading thugs might be injured or killed instead of out there continuing to terrorize the neighbourhood.

I see this type of crime on the rise due to drug addiction and the willingness of addicts to resort to violent behaviour to get their next drug fix. They are becoming more brazen in that attempt as well, targeting homes even when the people are there.

We need to stay armed, vigilant and not even answer the door when we know bad things are happening in our area. My trust level with people these days has diminished to the point that anyone I see wandering around my neighbourhood has now become a potential suspect. We had a burglary last year, but we were not home at the time.

UPDATE: One Home Invasion Victim Speaks Out; Community on Watch - WSAZ.com - Severe Weather and Breaking News Coverage in West Virginia, Kentucky and Ohio.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    I feel very bad for that man. I hope they catch the two that tried to rob him and the other elderly woman. It's everywhere and seems to be getting worse. I agree that most of it is drug related.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    "I see this type of crime on the rise due to drug addiction and the willingness of addicts to resort to violent behaviour to get their next drug fix. They are becoming more brazen in that attempt as well, targeting homes even when the people are there."

Yet so many endorse ending the "war on drugs" and making it legal. They should be careful what they wish for.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    If there were frequent home invasions in my area, as in Pinch, and there were no suspects or arrests, the the Chief of Police would be in a "Pinch" and would soon be looking for other employment.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Sponsored Links