Stay Away From This Lake!

Stay Away From This Lake!

This is a discussion on Stay Away From This Lake! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is the second vehicle to ram into this lake. Apparently it is a magnet for vehicles. I'm staying as far away from it as ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By chuckusaret
  • 1 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 1 Post By msgt/ret
  • 3 Post By drbald1

Thread: Stay Away From This Lake!

"A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    It's got nothing on the canals here in S. FL.
    JoJoGunn and msgt/ret like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    It's got nothing on the canals here in S. FL.
    Yep, so often most don't make the evening news in my area. Many have gone unreported and found years later submerged normally during canal maintenance/dredging.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

VIP Member
    Now that's just weird.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    My parents live out in the country, on a relatively straight stretch of flat road. On both side of their house are ponds, and both ponds are beside the road, separated by around 20 feet of grass and a barbwire fence. They've had two cars end up in one pond and one car end up in the other pond. I guess people just get overconfident on straight stretches of road and start fiddling with radios or cell phones...

I was present during one of the incidents. I was in the kitchen when I heard tires squealing, a crunch and a SPLOOSH! I looked out the window, and here's this vehicle partially submerged in the pond, and I can see bubbles where it's taking on water. When I made it out there, the driver had extracted herself and she was fine, no other passengers. My brother towed it out with his Jeep.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

VIP Member
    They're going to have a tough time starting them, proves you can flood the engine even with fuel injection.
    DontTreadOnI likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    They're going to have a tough time starting them, proves you can flood the engine even with fuel injection.
    I-See-What-You-Did-There..png
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    A couple of years back they found a van submerged in a canal. In it was missing teens who disappeared without a trace on prom night 18 years earlier.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I see I need to find another spot to discard my old magnets.
    OldVet, JoJoGunn and msgt/ret like this.

Sponsored Links