Annoyed by private sellers attempting to "cash in"

This is a discussion on Annoyed by private sellers attempting to "cash in" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So I frequent a forum that has a great selection of firearms for private sales. I've bought many and sold or traded a few. At ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Aiko

Thread: Annoyed by private sellers attempting to "cash in"

VIP Member

Annoyed by private sellers attempting to "cash in"

So I frequent a forum that has a great selection of firearms for private sales. I've bought many and sold or traded a few. At present, however, there are a few yahoos that went out and bought popular firearms and are trying to resell them "NIB" for 50% markup over retail!

Examples - A Shield 9mm for $650
    Basic Ruger 10/22's for $325!
    A SW 638 for $500 (retail is about 380-400).
    BX-25 magazines - $60! Hah!

The list goes on. Most of the people are still sticking to realistic prices but the profiteers are out there. Oh, and they are very sensitive to being mocked.

One guy even alluded to the "assault weapons ban" and the the 10/22 would be the most sought after gun once it hits. He was called out on that quick.

Yes, it's an opportunity to make a buck. Yes, you can ask anything you want. But yes, if you are going to so objectively try to "cash in" then you should have the skin to be mocked. You want to make a profit then get an FFL. Don't poison the the friendly forum where a bunch of bored firearms collectors and sellers go when they get restless or the itch!

All right, I'm off my soapbox. Yea, I know I can ignore those people, whatever. I'm just annoyed. //Kumbuya Off//

2. Remove Ads

Want to buy my AR for $4K, its reallllllly nice!! :rofl
    PEF likes this.

Right now thanks to the political scene, it is a sellers market. For the people who bought guns as a investment thinking that they will be banned are the ones gouging the market. They will soon find that they are stuck with gun that they do not want and can not sell for what they paid for them. The market will become stable again and all the people who bought gun just because they thought they were going to loose their right to, will be getting their credit card bills and running out of tax refund money and all of these guns will be for sale in the private market. Sit back and wait and the deals will be plentiful.

It's just capitalism , wish I'd had the foresight to make that investment. Long term I'd put my money in bullets, not guns.

Links