What A Mess!

This is a discussion on What A Mess! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; What a freaking mess? Just what does it mean these days to take an oath of office, “to support and defend the Constitution of the ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Dennis1209

Thread: What A Mess!

What A Mess!

What a freaking mess?

Just what does it mean these days to take an oath of office, “to support and defend the Constitution of the United States”? Then after the oath, turn right around and try to destroy its very fabric and meaning? In my life I've taken oaths or more recently affirmation before testifying in court proceedings.

I swore an oath to the Constitution with right hand raised when I entered the military and Federal service, and took it as serious as a heart attack and was willing to lay down my life in defense of my oath for my family and this great nation, as my forefathers surely gave their last measure of self for our American dream. I would be ashamed to do anything less and tarnish myself and family. How about politicians?

My way of thinking is a family name and reputation goes generations back and generations forward. It is to be respected and protected for your children, grandchildren and prodigy, and not mired in the muck of any generation. Your word just as your patriotism is your bond with your family name and lives on.

The swearing in of many government officials these days seems just another minor annoyance and a joke for power and usurp our rights as free citizens.

Here's something to ponder sitting on the toilet seat reading “Guns and Gear”. How many of the 536 House of Representatives, 100 Senators, 50 governors, nine Supreme Court justices and their upcoming replacements have served in the military, the Peace Corps or even the Boy Scouts? In other words, what have they ever done to actually sacrifice something and serve our great nation, other than be our Harvard educated masters? I suspect the percentage is minute to a handful.

Why on earth would anyone spend millions, hundreds of millions for an elected job that pays a pittance of what was spent. Promise rich contributors something and access to them for large contributions and ignore their voting constituents? Unless they wanted to participate in the plunder and have ultimate power over us?

We now have 3-5 times the number of active lobbyists as House Representative members swaying our general national interests away for private corporate / business gain.

Just look at our recent presidents for a glimpse of their character and service overall to our nation; Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, Obama. How many stand out as true Americans in your opinion? I vote for five of them for selfless service and our nations best interest, how about you? What do you think my pick five all had in common?

It wasn't improper use of cigars on the job in “Our House”, it wasn't I'm not a crook, it wasn't pardoning a crook, hell, it wasn't even Billy beer or what the definition of “is is”? Or a Muslim in office or 444 days in Iran.
    Oaths are now given on other things rather than the traditional Bible and getting more popular. I suggest toilet paper from now on, as that seems to be what it's worth?

Just like a serial killer rapist who has DNA evidence against him, multiple witness's against him and is caught in the act... I swear to God I didn't do it. <the politician>

The advantage of being an old fart is, over the years you watch, learn, gain knowledge and eventually convert that knowledge into wisdom and apply it, and try to pass down your accumulated years on earth to someone who will listen and not make the same choices and / or mistakes.

It's not working out well for this generation and their election choices I fear.

RANT / OFF
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    What a freaking mess?

Just what does it mean these days to take an oath of office, “to support and defend the Constitution of the United States”? Then after the oath, turn right around and try to destroy its very fabric and meaning? In my life I've taken oaths or more recently affirmation before testifying in court proceedings.

I swore an oath to the Constitution with right hand raised when I entered the military and Federal service, and took it as serious as a heart attack and was willing to lay down my life in defense of my oath for my family and this great nation, as my forefathers surely gave their last measure of self for our American dream. I would be ashamed to do anything less and tarnish myself and family. How about politicians?

My way of thinking is a family name and reputation goes generations back and generations forward. It is to be respected and protected for your children, grandchildren and prodigy, and not mired in the muck of any generation. Your word just as your patriotism is your bond with your family name and lives on.

The swearing in of many government officials these days seems just another minor annoyance and a joke for power and usurp our rights as free citizens.

Here's something to ponder sitting on the toilet seat reading “Guns and Gear”. How many of the 536 House of Representatives, 100 Senators, 50 governors, nine Supreme Court justices and their upcoming replacements have served in the military, the Peace Corps or even the Boy Scouts? In other words, what have they ever done to actually sacrifice something and serve our great nation, other than be our Harvard educated masters? I suspect the percentage is minute to a handful.

Why on earth would anyone spend millions, hundreds of millions for an elected job that pays a pittance of what was spent. Promise rich contributors something and access to them for large contributions and ignore their voting constituents? Unless they wanted to participate in the plunder and have ultimate power over us?

We now have 3-5 times the number of active lobbyists as House Representative members swaying our general national interests away for private corporate / business gain.

Just look at our recent presidents for a glimpse of their character and service overall to our nation; Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, Obama. How many stand out as true Americans in your opinion? I vote for five of them for selfless service and our nations best interest, how about you? What do you think my pick five all had in common?

It wasn't improper use of cigars on the job in “Our House”, it wasn't I'm not a crook, it wasn't pardoning a crook, hell, it wasn't even Billy beer or what the definition of “is is”? Or a Muslim in office or 444 days in Iran.
    Oaths are now given on other things rather than the traditional Bible and getting more popular. I suggest toilet paper from now on, as that seems to be what it's worth?

Just like a serial killer rapist who has DNA evidence against him, multiple witness's against him and is caught in the act... I swear to God I didn't do it. <the politician>

The advantage of being an old fart is, over the years you watch, learn, gain knowledge and eventually convert that knowledge into wisdom and apply it, and try to pass down your accumulated years on earth to someone who will listen and not make the same choices and / or mistakes.

It's not working out well for this generation and their election choices I fear.

RANT / OFF
    Well, if it makes you feel any better I agree with you. I have asked the same question about politicians taking an oath
    I Love Guns!!!

Links