Midway USA donates one dollar for each active customer(1 million) to the NRA

This is a discussion on Midway USA donates one dollar for each active customer(1 million) to the NRA within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Dear Valued Customer, Larry and Brenda Potterfield, owners of MidwayUSAOne million is an attention-getting number, no matter what the circumstances. At MidwayUSA, Brenda and I ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By Crowman

Thread: Midway USA donates one dollar for each active customer(1 million) to the NRA

Midway USA donates one dollar for each active customer(1 million) to the NRA

Dear Valued Customer,

Larry and Brenda Potterfield, owners of MidwayUSAOne million is an attention-getting number, no matter what the circumstances. At MidwayUSA, Brenda and I - along with the MidwayUSA Employees - have celebrated a good many 'one million' milestones during the last 35+ years.

In 1983, our seventh year in business, we reached the milestone of one million dollars in business during a single calendar year. 2008 was the first year we filled one million orders for our Customers. In 2012 your NRA "Round-Up" contributions, through MidwayUSA, exceeded one million dollars during that single year. Please note that NRA "Round-Up" contributions come from you, our Customers, and each week since 1992 we have sent your contributions directly to the NRA/ILA National Endowment for the Protection of the 2nd Amendment. Our Customers should get all the credit for that, we just collect and remit your money. Now, in March of 2013 came another milestone to celebrate - one million active Customers - Customers who have ordered from MidwayUSA during the last twelve months. For a country kid from Missouri, that's an amazing milestone.

I believe our vision to be the best-run, most-respected business in America, for the benefit of our Customers, our family values and our relentless pursuit of Customer Satisfaction are what brought us to this milestone of one million active Customers. Brenda and I, along with all the Employees at MidwayUSA, thank you very much for your support.

As you might imagine, we gave quite a bit of thought as to how we could celebrate. Should we choose our one millionth active Customer and give he or she a special gift? Well, we could have done that, but all of our Customers are equally important, not just the one who put us over the top. Then someone came up with the idea that we should donate $1 to the NRA for each of our active Customers. Well, let's see, what is $1 times one million?

And so it was! On Monday morning about 10am(03/04/13), when we went over one million active Customers, MidwayUSA authorized our bank to send a wire transfer of one million dollars to the NRA/ILA National Endowment for the Protection of the 2nd Amendment; because we can and because we should.

Thanks a Million!
    Larry Potterfield
    Founder and CEO of MidwayUSA

Shop Shooting Supplies | Reloading | Gunsmithing | Hunting gear ? MidwayUSA
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

2. Remove Ads

Wow, that's amazing. They will be getting more of my business from now on!
    Keep Calm and Carry One.
    Theis Holster - Joab Mag Pouch
    M&P9 Shield
    FNX-9

VIP Member
    It's really nice to see a company put it's money where it's mouth is. Congratulations to them on their sucess as a business and for supporting the NRA with more than "atta boy" e-mails.

I'm not a customer yet (actually I've never heard of them before, but I'm new to the gun world) but I will be!

They have a nice web site too! http://www.midwayusa.com/
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    The Midway catalog is like the Brownells catalog, a dangerous thing to read. There is always something I "need". Costly...

Good for them. They are also a major sponsor of the NRA convention.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

how many customers does one company need? at least one more. kudos to midwayusa

(if you don't get the joke watch more outdoor channel)

MidwayUSA is a great company. They get quite a bit of of my online gun related business and will continue to get that business in the future.

This is fantastic! Great to see some of these family owned and run businesses donating to a good cause! Keep up the good work Midway USA!

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    I'll tell you what, these guys have really shown their true colors in the last few months. I have a feeling that they are going to come out of this mess with a much larger customer base than before. God bless them!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Links