SealFit?

This is a discussion on SealFit? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So I just got done reading Lone Survivor and American Sniper. It made me feel pretty pathetic as far as conditioning is concerned. I ran ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By atctimmy
  • 3 Post By PEF

Thread: SealFit?

SealFit?

So I just got done reading Lone Survivor and American Sniper. It made me feel pretty pathetic as far as conditioning is concerned. I ran across the SealFit program a while ago (listening to a fitness podcast), and thought that it was a cool concept. Just wondered if anyone has been to anything like this as a civilian.

My goal is now to be in good enough shape to go to one of the classes and get the crap beaten out of me...

Here is a link to the website. It looks interesting.

Navy SEALs Mental Toughness Training
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I've been through it in the Navy. It's not very fun. I've seen grown men cry from what they dish out. I've heard enough "The only easy day was yesterday" and "It pays to be a winner" to last a lifetime.
    KBSR likes this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

VIP Member
    I look at it this way. I'm not in the military. I'm a middle-aged+ attorney. My work consists of reading stuff, writing stuff, and talking about stuff. Not a lot of muscle building activity going on there.

I get home after 6. I spend time with my kids. I just put them to bed.

On weekends I run on the treadmill. I try to run on the treadmill three weeknights, so that's five days a week, our about 7.5 hours of time.

I just want to keep my weight and cholesterol down.

Just writing this reply has worn me out.

But good luck to you, and please don't beat the crap out of me if we ever meet.
    atctimmy, KBSR and Badey like this.

Links