Hollywood and finger on triggers.

This is a discussion on Hollywood and finger on triggers. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I know we all watch movies and see mistakes when it comes to firearm handling. So i'm on the couch the other night and watching ...

Thread: Hollywood and finger on triggers.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar

Hollywood and finger on triggers.

I know we all watch movies and see mistakes when it comes to firearm handling.

So i'm on the couch the other night and watching Terminator 2 for the 100th time.... just kinda had it on while cruzing this site.

It gets to the part of the movie where Arnold has the gatlin gun and is firing out of the building at the police. Two cops fall to the ground... one is holding a shotgun with her finger on the trigger and after they have settled on the ground the gun is resting on her partners sholder and pointed at his head.

Just made me laugh. My wife said "what?". I said "nothing" knowing full that I would be berated for pointing this out.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

2. Remove Ads

Hollywierd is not the place to go to learn how to do anything correctly. I don't even look for those safety errors anymore. Besides, if a terminator robot was fireing a gatlin gun at me and I was diving for cover I don't think I would care where my muzzle was pointed or where my trigger finger was.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

One of my favorite series is Firefly.

I tend to watch it again and again but I do cringe whenever I see some of the scenes where someone loads a gun and then grabs it by the barrel (which is now pointed at themselves) and hands it to someone else.

HaveagunJoe is right: Hollywood ain't the place to learn safe gun handling.

a_kayaker, you sound like me. My wife constantly rolls her eyes when I start complaining because she's heard it all before. She tells me to quit worrying and enjoy the show.

Sometimes I think the Hollywood gun handling is carefully orchestrated to 1) look cool and 2) make gun handling look dangerous.

Paranoid? What makes you say that? You been checkin' up on me? You out to get me like everyone else?

There is abundant evidence that Hollywierd does not know anything, but they do make a lot of money being stupid.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Assistant Administrator
    Not Hollywierd as such but ...... Mythbusters this Wednesday had a segment on trick shooting, fast draws etc - and there was plenty of finger on trigger and muzzle sweeping etc.

It was a fun program but I winced a few times!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Don't the Mythbusters have some of LAPDs finest as range masters? If they did what dose that say about the real cops.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

On the series Angel when the Lady cop is pointing her pistol at Angel you can see the bore, it looks like a 22cal.

Quote Originally Posted by glock21guy View Post
    Don't the Mythbusters have some of LAPDs finest as range masters? If they did what dose that say about the real cops.
    Recent episode with the Cowboy shooting myths they didn't have any LEO's or at least that could be seen on camera. While on the range I didn't notice any "itchy trigger fingers" but when they are in the shop they have thier bugger hooks all over the boom switch.
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

Links