Monday Night....

This is a discussion on Monday Night.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; One of my sons tell me that a girl he works with, on monday night went out in her back yard late around 12:30 AM ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By xXxplosive
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: Monday Night....

Monday Night....

One of my sons tell me that a girl he works with, on monday night went out in her back yard late around 12:30 AM to walk her dog before going to bed. She lives with her family in a very upscale semi rural neighborhood right off a golf course cul de sac....while out in the back she thought she hears a beep from a text message on someones cell phone...in the wooded area....shrugs it off and goes back in with the dog to get ready for bed...

BINGO.............Home Invasion at the neighbors house next door 20 min. later.

Seems the neighbor works the night shift and leaves the house after 12:00AM. The gang broke in ransacked the house while the wife and baby were in bed...my son told here to call the police the next morning which she did...we have been plagued here by a gang invading homes and burgularizing them while the owners are home. Police have named them the James Bond Gang and have been on the news lately.....wonder if this was part of the same bunch.

And how close in the dark would she have had to been to hear the sound of the text go off ?

Moral is........if your hear or see anything unusual.......call it in.

Mother and baby were un touched but obviously shaken I'm sure.....
    suntzu and msgt/ret like this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    No words! Thank goodness she wasn't hurt outside and the woman and baby weren't hurt inside. I'm sure the woman's life has permanently changed...and not for the better.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Wouldn't have to be all that close if it was quiet out. I bet she thinks twice before taking a midnight stroll now.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Yep keep yours eyes open. I saw a guy walking thru my neighbor's yard at 9:00PM I was pulling out of my driveway. I called my neighbor on her cell phone ( she was not home at the time ) and told her. She found out that another friend asked to cut thru. But she thanked me for keeping an eye open and was happy that I called her. So I guess you are better off safe than sorry.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

This is why I am a fan of making sure that the first line of protection is a well secured home. The second line of protection is the business end of a quality firearm.

EDIT: Crazy, I just googled the name of the gang, and it said that they caught the head guy in NJ... but he was in a mini-van with Michigan plates?

We are experiencing an upsurge in crimes, especially the drug related ones of home invasion and burglary. I too was a victim of burglary recently and now I suspect EVERYONE in my 'hood that I do not recognize. My neighbours too are on pins and needles with what happend to me and they too are watchful. All it takes will be just a few crimes like that to make people jittery and hopefully more alert.

Unless we are willing to call in something suspicious and if the Police are good enough to respond and check it out, we will just have to be more prepared to set up better defense and hopefully that will get the attention of the thugs.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    ...............................and if the Police are good enough to respond and check it out, we will just have to be more prepared to set up better defense and hopefully that will get the attention of the thugs.
    That is the same thing that occurs in my area, seldom see a road patrol and unless it is an emergency they will seldom do a drive-by, and if they do, it is at 30MPH while talking on their private cell phone.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Links