Obama pulling the blanket over our eyes??

This is a discussion on Obama pulling the blanket over our eyes?? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This might sound paranoid, but does anyone else get the feeling that Obama is trying to blind the public with threatening our 2A rights so ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Obama pulling the blanket over our eyes??

Obama pulling the blanket over our eyes??

This might sound paranoid, but does anyone else get the feeling that Obama is trying to blind the public with threatening our 2A rights so that he can get his other programs through (Obama care, etc) more readily without opposition? There is no logic behind any of their anti-2A arguments. The public is in such an uprising about these gun bills that I feel they've forgotten about the rest of his terrible ideas.

This article got me thinking:
    States balk at $15B Obama healthcare 'tax' - The Hill's RegWatch
    ἐν τούτῳ νίκα - In hoc signo vinces

Confidence- thrives on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligations, on faithful protection and on unselfish performance. Without them it cannot live.-FDR

2. Remove Ads

I've been thinking along the same lines!

Slide of hand and twist of fate. All smoke and mirrors. Keep your head up folks. They,re tyring to pull fast ones on us.
    84160 likes this.

You may be somewhat right about his strategy. But it is a certainty he would confiscate all guns today if he could.
    84160 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by StevePVB View Post
    You may be somewhat right about his strategy. But it is a certainty he would confiscate all guns today if he could.
    I completely agree, I'm sure he'd love nothing more than a gun free "Democracy"
    ἐν τούτῳ νίκα - In hoc signo vinces

Confidence- thrives on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligations, on faithful protection and on unselfish performance. Without them it cannot live.-FDR

This thought never crossed my mind...this is very scary and unsettling!!!
    Glock 23 Gen 4
    Bravo Company AR-15

Misdirection.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------— George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

Possibly. Liberal democrats do prefer their constituents to be uneducated on issues. It makes their job easier when they don't have to deal with intellect.

Obamacare is already law - it's not in the equation any more.
    Gun Control is just his next issue. It was always a goal, and the recent shootings gave him the political edge to promote his agenda.
    There are other agenda items too. They are being promoted as well. I think Gun Control is just next on the list, it's not a don't care issue used to slip other things past.
    blitzburgh likes this.

There's not that much of an agenda going on here. I think things just happen. Sorta like the old bumper sticker. Obama is merely "reacting" to political pressures with no rhyme or reason, especially as it relates to gun control. It is what is and they will continue to react and over react as different issues presents themselves. They're just not that smart.

Wow, a few months ago everyone was screaming "just watch...Obama will try to tak out guns in his second term"

Fast forward to Jan. 2013/ Folks were saying "See! I told you he was coming after our guns all along!!!!"

Today "Obama is talking tough about guns to distract us about other issues he want to "sneak" through!"

Good Grief! Make up your minds. Make a prediction and stick with it.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    Smoke and Mirrors

Never let a crisis go to waste

the slide of the hand
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

His longer term goal is to bash republicans in the hope of regaining the House so that he can push everything on his wish list through during his last two years. He isn't going to get much while Repulicans hold the House, but if Pelosi returns as Speaker, we are in real trouble on guns, energy, education, taxes, and just about anything those of a conservative nature would care about.
    Jeanlouise and blitzburgh like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Wow, a few months ago everyone was screaming "just watch...Obama will try to tak out guns in his second term"

Fast forward to Jan. 2013/ Folks were saying "See! I told you he was coming after our guns all along!!!!"

Today "Obama is talking tough about guns to distract us about other issues he want to "sneak" through!"

Good Grief! Make up your minds. Make a prediction and stick with it.
    I don't see that any of these are contradictions. It's all going according to Obama's plan. He just happens to be luckier than most the way events seem to move his agenda along.
    bigbadsmiles likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

I agree with you all....and see the progressive influence/regime here in Colorado.
    Progressives WILL find their way. "His" plan has been executed to a T!!

We gotta find "SOMEONE" that can lead us back to where we HAVE to be.
    Vote/Vote/Vote...and vote LOCAL, not just for the POTUS....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links