Vets and service members, what about it?

This is a discussion on Vets and service members, what about it? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Every religion has its Fanatics, Fanatics can't be trusted no matter what they believe. Each person in the USA has the right to worship how ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vets and service members, what about it?

Every religion has its Fanatics, Fanatics can't be trusted no matter what they believe. Each person in the USA has the right to worship how they will. If You enter the armed service you take an oath of Allegiance to this country, if you break that oath the Military has the means and Code of Justice to punish them, and will. If the chaplain to the soldiers of any faith teach anti USA doctrine then the Military can remove them because they are breaking their oath.

Condeming an individual because of his religious belief on the actions of a group of Fanatics who profess to believe the same religion is very wrong and dangerous.

Remember, every time you point your finger at anyone you point 4 back at yourself.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    And don't forget this is the same US military that just court martialed a Navy chaplain because he refused to quit praying in Jesus name.
    There was more to it than that.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldPax View Post
    Why does Muslim=terrorist? Should we keep an eye on Irish soldiers, cause ya know they have a bit of history with the whole terror thing too.

Anyone here want to apply the lessons of the 442nd to this debate? Maybe Tuskegee?

Good question; wrong approach to the answer. Our logic and our Western experience and mind-set will not provide the answer. Rather, read and listen to what those have to tell us who have come out of the (fill in the blank) culture -- regardless of which country -- and begin to understand how they think, what they believe, and why they act the way they do. Actually, it's all pretty logical, easy to see why they believe what they believe, and why radical is to them not radical but, rather, "faithful." But you have to have the right tools or keys, the right understanding of some core beliefs, to unlock and gain entrance into their world view.

The idea of terrorism -- which is anathema to us -- is one of their means of spreading their system of belief, and it's actually more than encouraged. It's required. While I grant there are many of them who "have not arrived" at that place of understanding, the fact is, where is the great out-cry of their leaders against this aspect of their spreading their tenants? It doesn't exist! Their leaders are happy to have moderate, regular believers give the impression that they are against the militants and act as spokespersons on the subject. Even our media bring forth "experts" and they say the same thing. But if ever one of the leaders of their more highly regarded centers of "worship" were to issue a legal order and interpretation that their faith is categorically against the use of force to spread the faith, he would be dead in very short order. Reason being, he left the faith. Period. The faith is predicated on the idea of struggle, and that at multiple levels from personal to armed international terror to ultimately bring the whole earth under the control of their system for their god.

I'd encourage you who aren't grasping the danger here, listen to an interview of one who has come out. He's highly credentialed and has spoken before Parliment and Congress. Worth the listen. Go to www.whitehorseinn.org and go to archives. Search for the interview with Sam Solomon. There is part one and part two. The questions asked are fair. The answers given are from their text sources. (The site is not up 24/7 so keep trying. If you want to hear it and can't get the file, I can send the file to you if you can handle 9 MB.) Or to download from another site: http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/T...n/archives.asp
    Last edited by xercise2nd; November 4th, 2006 at 08:59 AM. Reason: additional link added

I got lost between all the fillin the blanks. You should be able to say what you mean and stop hiding behind political correctness. No guts no glory.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Chief View Post
    I got lost between all the fillin the blanks. You should be able to say what you mean and stop hiding behind political correctness. No guts no glory.
    There have been attempts on this board to have serious discussions about religious topics. The threads have been closed sometimes because the moderators have deemed that there was bashing going on. Perhaps rightly so. So I have obviously tried to let the reader fill in the blanks to avoid closing down what I (obviously) sincerely believe is a paramount topic.

Yeah, I'd love to call it what it is. I am not out for glory. But it does take guts to face the facts about this cancer in our midst.

VIP Member
    There are lots of places on the internet to discuss religion and politics. The owner of this site has made an effort to keep our focus on concealed carry issues and away from the bashing that seems to accompany every thread dealing with the issues of somebody elses politics or religion. Tarring an entire group of people with the same brush won't be allowed here...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Team American View Post
    There are lots of places on the internet to discuss religion and politics. The owner of this site has made an effort to keep our focus on concealed carry issues and away from the bashing that seems to accompany every thread dealing with the issues of somebody elses politics or religion. Tarring an entire group of people with the same brush won't be allowed here...
    And I agree with most of what is said here, and my post is not to be construed in any way to be bashing people. It is, however, meant to dialogue on the topic -- off topic, if you will, and posted on the board-site for such non-CC issues) -- of the implications intendent upon the issue brought up in the "Investors Business Daily" editorial.

But if a CC issue must be the rule (and I don't think the blonds have found that to be true, for they have been mercilessly demeaned on this board), let it be this: Ultimately some other group's politico-religiosity may some day impact our 2A rights if it gains the upper hand in our constitutional republic. It may be the intention of this thread to consider this possibility.

It seems some of you do not want Muslims in the military. So where does it stop? Should we not allow them to teach in schools since they may corrupt the minds of the youths? (sound familiar?) Maybe we shouldn't allow them to congregate at all. Maybe we shouldn't let them have weapons either...
    It's a slippery slope, and we as Americans must take the High Road.
    I find some satisfaction in saying "yes, you may hate us and want to kill us- yet we will still allow your religion to be practiced in our country and we will not take away any rights of those practicing it in our country"

oh yeah, I forgot to say that it seems pretty clear that the mil is activly recruiting muslims probably because we need fluent Arabic speakers. It's no surprise that there are many more in the mil right now.

Administrator

I think we are all aware of the fact that Radical Islamo~Fascism poses a serious threat to the entire world and not just to the United States. All Muslims are not terrorists.

We encourage all forum members to research the topic of Radical Islam on the Internet and reach their own logical conclusions on the topic.

CombatCarry is just not the place to discuss it all though as this is primarily a gun board and not a religious discussion board.

It's fantastic if you want to discuss it.
    Trade E-mail addresses with each other and discuss it off CombatCarry.
    Political Correctness has nothing to do with it.

Look at the header at the top of this page.
    Does it say COMBATCARRY.COM
    CONCEALED WEAPONS CARRY - FIREARMS - EDGED WEAPONS - TACTICAL EQUIPMENT - TRAINING - LAW ENFORCEMENT & MILITARY - RELIGION - CHRISTIANS - JEWS - MUSLIMS - AGNOSTICS

I don't see that up there anywhere.

CombatCarry Forum Rules Highlights

CombatCarry.com is an online discussion board dedicated to the discussion and advancement of responsible carry of concealed firearms, and firearms in general. The board's mission is to achieve the highest standard of discussion in its class.

All are welcome to participate, regardless of political affiliation, gender, religion, nationality, or stance on gun ownership. We aim to respect every point of view, as long as it is presented in a civil and factual manner. You only need to provide a name and a valid email address to participate. We do not sell that information, or any other, to anyone.

5. We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly. For this reason, we do not focus on these subjects in our discussions. We encourage you to take these discussions to other forums where these topics are the focus.

7. We cannot provide a comprehensive list of "Things Not To Say". Posts that are contrary to the above policies, or to the mission of CombatCarry.com, may be edited or deleted at our sole discretion. Membership may be revoked if such a step is deemed necessary by us. We're a private venture enabled by an all-volunteer staff. Please treat this venue as a polite discussion in a friend's home and respect the wishes of the hosts.

A note on FREE SPEECH:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

The First Amendment is greatly respected here, as are all other Amendments that the Second Amendment defends. However, CombatCarry.com is private property and requests that members adhere to all forum policies. It is a contract agreed to by all who become members of this board. Those who err cannot complain about censorship, or a perceived loss of first amendment rights - this is a private house. If you do not like the rules of conduct or the acceptable topics, seek out a new venue to frequent, or start your own board.

If you feel you can abide by these rules, we hope that you join us on CombatCarry.com. We invite you to share your expertise and enjoy the camaraderie. "Share what you know, learn what you don't."

DC Founder
    I'm going to get the last word here because well, I own the place.

I despise political correctness more than most of you, I expect. And I don't want it injected into the forum. But I also am trying very hard to keep this forum from falling into the trap that other forums seem to fall into over time. That is, specifically, cliques that line up based on political, social or religious lines. I have said it before, I am a conservative and have little or no tolerance for liberal idealogy. But, have friends that are liberal to varying degrees. I refuse to argue the points with them because they are not going to change me, I am not going to change them. We remain friends because we don't discuss it. If I want to talk about conservativism vs liberalism, I will go to political forum to do so. Then, we can remain friends and concentrate on what we have in common rather than our differences. If a war ever starts between concervatives and liberals; well, we will know where to find each other. But until then, we will remain friends. I am insisting to that we do that here, as well. The "political correctness" that weasels it's way into the forum are from those that know the rules but continue to try to bring these topics up without actually crossing the line. My tolerance of this is wearing thin.

I don't want people to have to censor their own posts. I want them to realize that if they feel they need to do that they shouldn't be posting it here. Simply take it elsewhere. Politics, devisive social issues and religion are not topics we welcome here. If you can abide by that rule, whether you agree with it or not, you're welcome; if you cannot abide by rules (that you have agreed to already, BTW) then it would be better if you found another forum. The focus here is concealed carry, guns, kinives and related equipment. Other off topic and humor topics are also welcomed as long as it's intent is not to slam or flame anyone. If you are one that is so politically angry or that just wants to start chaos, please PM me and I will point you towards an appropriate Internet venue for you to vent. I visit some of them myself to vent about (fill in the blank).

And, since it was brought up, if you're a blonde and take offense at anything here, you may want to recalibrate your sensitivity setting......

Edited to add: Since this thread is closed, if you want to comment or complain on this forum policy, feel free to open a thread in "Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments". You're welcome to have your say....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links