Vets and service members, what about it?

This is a discussion on Vets and service members, what about it? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; You know, we try to be so politically correct that it's going to bite us in the hurts. Here's the text of what I wrote ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vets and service members, what about it?

You know, we try to be so politically correct that it's going to bite us in the hurts. Here's the text of what I wrote my congressman today. Check the link out which I referenced. So as to not offend anyone on the board, I have removed reference to any particular group.

Dear Congressman ____________:

I am writing today because of and in response to an editorial I read online. It appeared in yesterday's (11-2-06, http://www.investors.com/editorial/e...47363882578735) Investors Business Daily, and was especially disturbing in light of the reading and research I have been doing into the nature of (fill in the blank). After the election is over (and I pray to God you win) perhaps I can discuss this with you personally. Nevertheless, the editorial correctly assessed the issue of allowing the construction of a (structure) at West Point.

We here of Western world view fail to comprehend what a (structure)to be. Blithely we presume it is just another church as we experientially understand a church to be. Nothing could be further from the truth, though some commonality can be ascribed.

Presently on point, I am reading a booklet written by a former (fill in the blank) jurist with over fifteen years training in (fill in the blank) law. He has appeared and testified before both Parliament and Congress. The text is entitled, “The (fill in the blank) and Its Role in Society." This work and (fill in the blank) and Terrorism: What the (book) Really Teaches About Christianity, Violence and the Goals of the (fill in the blank) (struggle), by Mark A. Gabriel, Ph.D. – a former teacher of (fill in the blank) history at Al-Azhar University, Cairo – create quite the exposé. To encapsulate, the mainline (fill in the blank) goal is the (fill in the blank) -ization of the whole world. The Machiavellian principle, “the ends justify the means,” is a firmly held principle within the (fill in the blank) tenants, and the (structure) is the training ground for this mind-set as well as the political, social, economic, and religious overthrow of what ever host country in which it finds itself. (Albeit in a predominantly (fill in the blank) country, its goal is to further entrench itself by fully implementing the (fill in the blank) state and (their kind of legal system's) law.)

Now is not the time to further open up our land to this system of belief, much less allow its presence on the institutional training ground of the United States Army. If there is some way to put this plan on hold and have reasoned deliberation in the Congress on this issue, I believe it would go a long way to dispel what will be characterized as a digression from political correctness and tolerance. Instead, it would do good to unmask the enemy and its tactics.

Sincerely,

I cannot believe that. How can this be true? We are signing our own death certificate. Lets just give them the keys while we are at it.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

well, I'm kinda torn. Being in the USMC I know that we have chaplains for pretty much every religion, and in fact I have known a couple muslim Marines. It is the mil's responsibility to give access to religious services to those going into harms way, regardless of that religion.
    How, in America, a free country, can we deny Muslim service members the RIGHT to practice their religion in the same way Christians, Catholics, Mormons etc.. do on base?

Yet, on the other hand, I know that it can pose a threat and I am in no way excited about a mosque on a military installation.
    That being said, if we deny them their right to practice their religion in the same way other service member do, I think we will have given up a right in favor of security.

Now I know they can go off base to worship, but that is not always feasible in the mil.
    Also remember that not all Muslims subscribe to the whole Muslimize-the-entire-world-by-any-means-necessary-and-re-establish the-caliphate thing, many truly are peaceful and disgusted by terrorism just like us.

As a army chaplin at West Point said "We live in a world that is anti-muslim"....
    You damn right we do.....
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Let me also add that if they already had a small mosque then adding a bigger one to "make a point" would be rediculous.

My only experance with a muslim soldier,was with a fresh convert. Every time there was work to be done he was off praying. We had a discussion about it.
    The funny part about it was , we were working on the MEXICAN border fence. And this troop came and asked me which way is east.

Ha, that reminds me- we had one that would always pass off his pork chow mein MRE (which is completely nasty) because he couldn't eat pork...

I recently wrote a friend, a LT, USArmy:

So, how is a Christian service member going to trust another service member (regardless of rank, superior or otherwise) who is a (fill in the blank)? This is a major (no pun) problem. The ("radical" fill in the blank)s do not have allegiance to any other than to their faith. They are even given permission to lie to appear to give allegiance to another for the purpose of spreading their beliefs or enhancing their cause, ie. the (fill in the blank)-ization of the host country, a guiding principle they refer to as takiyya, according to my source. It would seem to me easy enough for a devout (fill in the blank) to take the oath to uphold the Constitution, not mean it, and be free from condemnation in his own "religious" circles. Awake! oh slumbering America!

Cause for pause...then more.
    Last edited by xercise2nd; November 3rd, 2006 at 11:12 PM. Reason: removal of specific references

I'll tell ya how I feel about muslims.... In 1985 I was stationed aboard the JFK and she was in dry dock at Portsmouth. While on temporary duty I met a bunch of sailors (I never met a muslim and did not understand their logic nor view) who were muslim. They straight up told me that they hate white people and their western ways....And this was a bunch of sailors !
    Need I say more ?

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

VIP Member
    And don't forget this is the same US military that just court martialed a Navy chaplain because he refused to quit praying in Jesus name.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    And don't forget this is the same US military that just court martialed a Navy chaplain because he refused to quit praying in Jesus name.
    When did this happen? Chappies have been praying in Jesus' name in every prayer I have heard in the military...
    BTW at pretty much every formal event in the USMC there is a prayer in opening and closing.

I'm not a fan of Islam in any way, but how can we deny them their right to worship?

I remember that George...or one similar. A navy chaplain (LCDR.)
    was given a letter of reprimand and screamed at by a commands XO.
    I heard the chaplains interview broadcast on radio for about an hour. It was truly a shame. You could hear it in the chaplains' voice that he was just aghast and floored.
    I know I was...

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

This Country Will Get What It (we) Desurves If We Dont Stop This Pc Crap And Tell It Like It Is. Islam Is Not A Friend Of Any Non Beleaver, And They Wish You Dead!!

Why does Muslim=terrorist? Should we keep an eye on Irish soldiers, cause ya know they have a bit of history with the whole terror thing too.

Anyone here want to apply the lessons of the 442nd to this debate? Maybe Tuskegee?
    Pax
    Tulsa, OK

Two words: First Amendment. Our government can neither establish nor prohibit the free exercise of any religion. Nor should it. Nor should any group be denigrated because of their religion or lack thereof.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links