Mayor nannyburg must be furious now: Judge strikes down NYC sugary-drinks size rule

This is a discussion on Mayor nannyburg must be furious now: Judge strikes down NYC sugary-drinks size rule within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; NEW YORK (AP) — New York City's groundbreaking limit on the size of sugar-laden drinks has been struck down by a judge shortly before it ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 1 Post By Alex_C
  • 2 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By Mike1956
  • 1 Post By Jeanlouise

Thread: Mayor nannyburg must be furious now: Judge strikes down NYC sugary-drinks size rule

VIP Member

Mayor nannyburg must be furious now: Judge strikes down NYC sugary-drinks size rule

NEW YORK (AP) — New York City's groundbreaking limit on the size of sugar-laden drinks has been struck down by a judge shortly before it was set to take effect.

The restriction was supposed to start Tuesday.

EarthLink - Top News

Let’s see Mayor nannyburg has banned trans fats, smoking, loud music and sugary drinks, wonder what his next crusade will target.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Ha! You mean there's a Judge with common sense and an understanding of freedoms in NY! Amazing!
    Lightweb, msgt/ret, 40Bob and 1 others like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    That guy is a nut job...glad to see there is a rational thinking judge in the state of NY.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post

EarthLink - Top News

Let’s see Mayor nannyburg has banned trans fats, smoking, loud music and sugary drinks, wonder what his next crusade will target.

Guns.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Bring back those high capacity cups!

Bummer, I had an Idea for an invention and I was hoping to make some $$$

644279_462391093833419_1385974578_n.jpg

I feel bad for all of those businesses that dumped their stock of containers over 16 oz because of this nonsense. Now they have to restock all items they tossed out.

VIP Member
    The bed wetters return to the big city! Nothing like 44 oz of ice cold mountain dew!
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Essentually, that's what all this gun law hype will come down to also--taking it to the courts. At least the ban didn't cover my 64 oz margaritas!
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by beni View Post
    I feel bad for all of those businesses that dumped their stock of containers over 16 oz because of this nonsense. Now they have to restock all items they tossed out.
    [tinfoilhat] That was the plan all along! Bloomberg has financial investments in companies producing beverage containers larger than 16oz! [/tinfoilhat]

Wait, actually, I wouldn't put it past him...
    84160 likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Unfortunately the judge overruled the law for technicalities, not because it was a really stupid infringement on individual liberties.
    84160 and msgt/ret like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    I'll feel better when the New York gun laws are struck down.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Unfortunately the judge overruled the law for technicalities, not because it was a really stupid infringement on individual liberties.
    I'll take whatever basis it was overruled on because the effect is the same...Bloomberg loses.

I thought this was a very interesting and telling comment from Bloomberg:

On the "Late Show with David Letterman" Monday night, Bloomberg defended the ban but he also joked about his own "addiction."

"As long as you don't ban Cheez-Its," he said. "Cheese-Its are OK. That's my addiction."

So, the law is based on what Bloomberg personally likes, not the higher principle of health issues as he claims.
    How much fat and how many calories are in a 1/4 box of Cheese-It's? Is Bloomberg aware that those also cause weight gain, not just sugary drinks?

This man needs to go away after the next election. I hope New Yorkers see what a hypocrit and martinet they have in office and vote him out. People who want to control others like this are dangerous.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Links