Most Scenic Locale In Your State

This is a discussion on Most Scenic Locale In Your State within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Would be fun and instructive to see forum members share the best scenery their state has to offer. Both descriptions and photos would be appreciated. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Most Scenic Locale In Your State

Most Scenic Locale In Your State

Would be fun and instructive to see forum members share the best scenery their state has to offer. Both descriptions and photos would be appreciated.

It can be surprising the attractive scenic locales that may be found in out-of-the-way places within a state. I've enjoyed some appealing spots within states not touted for great scenery. Wonder if we can feature locations found within all 50 states? Wonder how many different locations within a particular state may be chosen?

I'm not placing my pick for the most scenic spot in Texas at this time but may dig out the right photo to put up later. One can almost become too familiar with a state to be able to narrow down a choice. I'll just stick up a spot that is mundane but is familiar to me personally, having looked at it all of my life.

An early afternoon view from the hillside target area back to the firing point on our 200 yard range at our old family place in Eastland County, Texas. This view is ever-changing, depending on the time of day or time of year. It's especially gratifying to watch a sunrise here since one is facing due east. One can see a bit of my white pickup sitting about where the "firing line" is located.
    WHEC724 likes this.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    My favorite is just about anywhere on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Blue Ridge - North Carolina Travel & Tourism
    WHEC724 and bmcgilvray like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I'll play. This is the north end of Cataloochee valley in the Smokies. It's the overlook before you get to the valley itself. Right after a summer storm.

A stream in the Smokies that shall remain nameless.

Linville Gorge Wilderness taken from the top of Table Rock.

bmcgilvray and WHEC724 like this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Great scenic photos.

Oh yeah. Links are good too.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Best way to see New Jersey is from your rear view mirror going over the Delaware Memorial Bridge...
    Last edited by xXxplosive; March 14th, 2013 at 03:52 PM.
    msgt/ret and WHEC724 like this.

Oregon has many beautiful spots. This is where I grew up in NE Oregon
    Attached Images
    bmcgilvray likes this.

I'd post some pictures of The Bluegrass State but it would only serve to encourage over-crowding. Don't y'all realize the reason these spots are so scenic is because of the absence of...people?!? IMHO, it's wise to keep your favorite places, including best fishing spots, to yourself.

Anyone lucky enough to live near where these photos are taken, is lucky enough!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Any of the local Hooter's restaurants
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Living in Florida presents many scenic views. Could be the throngs of beautiful women on South Beach, the Everglades/ Big Cypress, the Keys, gulf coast.

Pic on left is sunset in the Keys. I'm in the one on the right, taken at Sanibel Island.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by JungleJim; March 14th, 2013 at 05:36 PM.
    bmcgilvray likes this.

Could be the throngs of beautiful women on South Beach, the Everglades/ Big Cypress, the Keys, gulf coast.
    I think you misspelled "thongs".
    JungleJim, Bmoliv66 and msgt/ret like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Definitely not the most scenic place in all of Colorado, but its a view I enjoy regularly.

Attached Images
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

I got the beach!

What we lack in freedom they try to make up for in beach! I have no good shots. Ill try google.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Distinguished Member
    bmcgilvray likes this.

I can't say about Texas yet because I have still only seen a very tiny fraction of it. In Maryland I enjoyed the mountains west of Frederick while on my bike. The sunrise over the Atlantic at Ocean City is nice, but I must say my favorite is the sun setting over the bay from the porch of Hemmingway's with an adult beverage in hand.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Dolly Sods, Wv my favorite in my state although I do have a favorite in nearby Pa and Md too
    bmcgilvray and WHEC724 like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links