Tinfoil hat taken to the extreme?

This is a discussion on Tinfoil hat taken to the extreme? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ...and some people wonder why I don't like the radio/keyfob only vehicles. Someone is having a bit too much fun here. Key Fobs Mysteriously Being ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Tinfoil hat taken to the extreme?

...and some people wonder why I don't like the radio/keyfob only vehicles. Someone is having a bit too much fun here.

Key Fobs Mysteriously Being Disabled In Suburban Parking Lot CBS Chicago
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    I thought you could over ride the key fob with the key. Guess not. I wonder if this happens everytime in this parking lot, or just now and then?
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I'm here to tell you: electronics will always fail when needed most.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Most cars have a place to insert a key from inside the fob and enter the car and start it. What city and state was this again?
    ..... that would explain it.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

I am not aware of any keyfob ONLY vehicles. I have seen some cars (we have one) were the metal key is pretty hidden inside the keyfob and you could think that there wasn't a key for it.

I prefer having a hard key, radio signals can be jammed, or duplicated.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

VIP Member
    Lay lines combined with piezoelectricity.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

If you have a new Harley and you lose your fob you have a two wheeled paper weight until you get it reprogrammed by HD. Or you rip out the entire system.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

My truck has a key+the doo dad to open up 10 meters away. Tho my truck is semi new there are certain aspects of it I was not keen on when I drove it off the lot. First truck/car I ever had without an oil temp gauge. There's just something basically wrong with that. Other than that it's basically been trouble free.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    I am not aware of any keyfob ONLY vehicles. I have seen some cars (we have one) were the metal key is pretty hidden inside the keyfob and you could think that there wasn't a key for it.

I prefer having a hard key, radio signals can be jammed, or duplicated.
    My girlfriend had a 2007 Corvette that was key fob only; in case the battery was dead it did have a key that went into a lock just above the tag. You inserted it to unlock the trunk then on the LH side there were two cables, one released the driver’s door and the other released the hood.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    I just finished reading , "One Second After" so I'm suspicious of everything electronic now.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I'm here to tell you: electronics will always fail when needed most.
    Just like Made in China hand tools will.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    My car does not have any method of keyed entry
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I don't believe I have the resources to build two of these on wheels. In the meantime, I will keep looking for a car with non-chipped ignition.

How to build a Faraday Cage
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Bet you'll wish otherwise when the buttons fail.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    When I was driving 18 wheelers for a living a few tractors I climbed into had push button starts. The key just unlocked the doors. I could tell y'all a short embarressing story about that. But I won't.
    ------------

Ok...guys can change their minds at the drop of a hat. So here goes nuttin.....

The dispatcher told me to take truck #1 an International. I did part of the pre trip and climbed in the cab to start it up. I'm looking all over inside for the ignition and can't spot it for nuttin. So feeling kinda stupid I go ask Roy where the starter is? Finally I get it started and finish my pre trip. She's warming up when I look down at the speedo and check the odometer. Less than 100,000 miles. This tractor was Brand Spankin' New!!!

Now y'all need to understand I trained on 1967 Petes and KW's dang near as old as I was at the time. Finally I shut her down and secured the rig and went in to the dispatcher and begged him to give me one of the Pete's (they had like 7 or 9 of them). He whined but I whined LOUDER...

Twenty minutes later I was rollin' outta there in a 67 Pete and old Dan's world was cool as a cucumber. First run was always a breeze (by trucker standards) cuz there's just drunks and cops on the big road that time of night. I was a pickle hauler....105500 on 8 axles.
    On a good day I was clocked out after 12 hours and headin' home to fall down only to head back for another long night of drivin'...
    Last edited by NONAME762; March 15th, 2013 at 12:08 PM. Reason: I'm havin' my 1st Coke and I felt like it.....
    msgt/ret likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links