idiots with guns

This is a discussion on idiots with guns within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is a site that i had honestly forgotton about untill i blundered across it once again today I will trust that none of our ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: idiots with guns

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar

idiots with guns

This is a site that i had honestly forgotton about untill i blundered across it once again today I will trust that none of our distinguished membership is featured here lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

2. Remove Ads

I am at a loss for words (and I'm a preacher!).

Wow. "Do you know where your guns are?" Right.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

pax
    One of my favorite quotes of all time is on that blog: "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give an idiot a fish and he sticks a pistol in its mouth."

pax
    Kathy Jackson
    My website: Cornered Cat

Assistant Administrator
    Pity sensible folks like us have to endure the stigma of idiots elsewhere - it is most surely those ''examples'' that Brady et al will always latch onto.

My biggest concern is - do they breed?
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lew
    Aheem.... I posted this very same link last month and the mods killed it as being unappropriate.
    There are 2 types of people, victims and the prepared. I choose to be prepared....

"Bless thee, O Lord, This handgrenade, that it may blow thine enemies to bits. Amen" ~Monty Python's Holy Grail

My Blazer Website

My new, Unofficial Cam and Company Fan site.

Something Comes To Mind Here...

What a bunch of dumb *****...
    I don't really know what else to say...
    and the world is filled with these kinds of people?

Lord, help us all...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Aheem.... I posted this very same link last month and the mods killed it as being unappropriate.
    Dont know what to say to that Lew other than mods are human too , maby one got up on the wrong side of the bed or something . anyway we got it posted now lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .

Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    Why yes it was and guess what still is

i hadn't seen this thread till just now

So guess whats gonna happen ..I didn't can the first one but i did this one

bud why is it inapproprate ... not, just asking for clearification against the tos well i dont want to do it , but i dont understand why

DC Founder
    This website portrays gun owners, in general, in a pretty bad light if I remember correctly (I don't have the link) and it was removed after some discussion on how it made us all look as gun owners.

And, Lew, it was actually your comments in the original thread (below) that caught our attention, leading to the decision to make it go away. When the original poster sounds like he would rather it go away, there's usually a good reason. I think there was in the case of this website. Removing the link and locking the thread down this go around simply says that if it wasn't acceptable the first time, it's not this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lew
    I can understand that reaction, I didn't think of it that way before now. If the Mods or Admin want to kill this thread it is understandable to me....
    Personally, I think every one of us should be incensed that this website is out there trying to make you and I look like one of these fools. And, with search engines picking up links in every website to determine the overall popularity of a site for search engine rankings, I can tell you CombatCarry does not want to play a part in making that site popular. Ask yourself whether a gun magazine would legitimize that site by publishing an article about it and I think you will see why it needed to be removed here....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

DC Founder
    I'm going to re-open this thread in case any of you want to comment on our stance on the issue, but caution you not to re-post the link. You're probably not going to change our position, but you should be allowed to "have your say"....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Good point, on the rationale for removal of the link to that web site (idiots). In this day and age of web spiders and search engines, it could easily be that combatcarry.com gets linked with that silly site, irrational though the link would be.

Good reminder for how our posts can be seen, simply by the mere fact it pertains to weaponry and lethal force. Sadly, irrespective of the fact that the goal really is the protection of our families and our rights.

Kudos on the rationale, Bumper & mods, to keep combatcarry.com a safe and sane place for rational discussion of these issues.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Ex Member Array Roundeyesamurai's Avatar
    This is from a private message exchange I had with one of the moderators, where I inquired as to the reason why the thread had been closed. I had enclosed this because I didn't know that the thread would be re-opened for comment, but since it has, I will post it:

-----

You know, it seems to me that a much better image of gun owners is portrayed by responsible gun owners exposing irresponsibility- gun owners policing themselves, if you will.

I am reminded of a very convincing argument I once read, wherein a historian remarked that one of the reasons for the severe reduction in numbers of devout Catholics today, has to do with the fact that conservative Chatholics spent such a long time concealing the wrongdoings of the church, that Catholics came to expect wrongdoing from the church. They hence tired of the constant hypocrisy of the clergy (preaching about sins while committing them themselves and using the church to conceal them), and left.

A very similar argument could be made about politicians- we have the crooked politicans we have today, because the majority of the American public have tolerated their failures for far too long.

I personally believe that responsible gun owners have an obligation to be "hypervigilant", as it were. It's not enough to just be a "decent gun owner", we have to be stellar models of respectability. We are much more apt to earn the respect of non-gun-owners if we admit that there are a few "bad apples", and vigorously and publicly discredit them, than if we deny (or play down) their existence.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links