Road trip

Road trip

This is a discussion on Road trip within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Today I did something quite out of the norm for me. I took a Road Trip. The ONLY thing I did wrong was I never ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By NONAME762
  • 1 Post By lionround

Thread: Road trip

Cool Road trip

Today I did something quite out of the norm for me. I took a Road Trip. The ONLY thing I did wrong was I never played my Canned Heat, Greatest Hits CD. I had a Most Amazing Time.

Was gonna hit the Iron Skillet. Great grub lousy service. Went farther up river to the Lyman Saloon & Feedbag. I went there with the idea of B&G with 2 OE. They got a deal cooking for Baby Boomers 55 and up ((Tommy James and The Shondels)) All You Can Eat Breakfast $5.99. YO!! I was DOWN 4 THAT. I got there early. While I was there at least 15 people came in. I ate 93.7% of what was on my platter.I couldn't quite finish all my ham. My waitress was a doll and the cook knew his business!! At the grocery next door I picked up 4 pairs of Earplugs for under a buck. They did have some ammo but nothing I was looking for.

On the road again. Hit the Hameltron Tavern 3 miles and 10 minutes later. Drank half of my brew and continued to Concrete. I lucked out
    and found my favorite intestinal libation. Hadn't seen a drop of this since June 6th 2012. I am currently in custody of 1 Liter of 190 Proof ROCKET FUEL.
    What cost me 40 bucks woulda been 20 or less in Oregon or Idaho. Since this was the first time I'd seen this beverage in 9+months I was not one to quibble. Walked across the street to the Ace Hardware and lucked into 3 boxes Rem 380 FMJ for $20 a box. Great deal of merchandise for the last town of significance for about 125M. At 2 Farm Co-ops I found Strike Anywhere Kitchen Matches for $1.29 per box of 300. I have 5 new boxes and am once again Tickled Pink!!

I've been home the last 3 hours. I still feel full from the feedbag I hung on about 9 hours ago. I'm watching The Rifleman. And for those interested I had a good bit of B and G, Half an inch piece of ham, 3 eggs OE and a good helping of Home Fries and H20. I spent money at 5 different small towns with some excellently bodacious tuneage the entire way. Stuff like old Johnny Cash and Hank Sr. When you got that Repeat Button you can listen to the same tune from now till infinity if you've got a hankerin' to. Tho today I just had JC and HW on. I also got some Killer Fat Boy Slim, Stones, Canned Heat and a good bit of music y'all Never Heard Of but you would dig it.

Me think's we'll make the pilgrimage again in 2 or 3 weeks just for the sake of clarity. HUA
    Last edited by NONAME762; March 15th, 2013 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Boo Boo
    goldshellback and msgt/ret like this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    It sounds like you had a bodacious day all around. Great Breakfast, great tunes, scored some Everclear and some ammo. I don't quite get the fascination with the matches, but hey to each his own. I could not have made the trip without a little Stevie Ray Vaughn, but otherwise it sounds great.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Love a good road trip....
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

We are getting ready for a short little road trip in a couple of weeks, a mere 2600 miles. The think is my wife and her sister will be in my pick-up, I will be in the rental moving van! It is going to be a great drive!

Absolutely Mr Lion it was incredible!! The thing about the Strike Anywhere's is I heard 1+year ago S/A's were to be discontinued as they were now considered hazardous and dangerous to people lacking simple common sense!! While I agree there's a serious lack of common sense these days...one only needs to peer into the actions of school officials of late suspending 6 year olds for biting pastries into what appears to be a handgun but still for the actions of a few retards government has NO RIGHT to deny me S/A's, 190 Proof Rocket Fuel or AP rounds or Hemp seeds to snack on.

As to your comment of *no trip is complete without Stevie Ray Vaughn*....you Sir are absolutely El Correcto Mundo!!! Forgive me father...I have no CD of SRV at this time. Had I been a tad less relaxed and a big shot more on top of my game I would have dropped in my Bob Marley CD or Fat Boy Slim....

I have an old bootleg cassette of Stevie Ray of a concert somewhere 20 years ago. Can't find it right now. I have 4 old school Boomboxes. Two twin cassette puppies that could crank the tunes out at warp factor 9 I'm here to tell you. But alas the power cords to both were lost eons ago. I don't like to waste my few D cells on these so I have to make do. I see you're around Memphis Tenn. Do you partake of Elvis? If for some reason you don't you should/might wanna have that looked into. I understand there's a cure for that. The udder 2 are CD/Cass rigs. (Old Prinzse...he could Rock The House!!)(Grace Slick...Reflections)

I know I can't be the only one to say when I die there's gonna be the music I want played. Classics from my youth.

Motown. Willie and Waylon. John Lennon. Leo Kottke and John Prine. Harry Harpoon and Fiddlin' Red of Northport Barter Faire 1991. The Airplane. Stones. Doors. Beach Boys. The Ventures. Jaime Brockett, Legend of The Titannic LP. Arlo and Woody Guthrie and Ramblin' Jack Elliott and Michael O'Keefe. T Rex Bang A Gong. How Great Tho Art or Onward Christian Soldiers on the Pipes. Queen. B-52s. Jethro Tull and Buffalo Springfield, Neil Young and Santanna. Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. Patsy Cline and Marty Robbins. Lone Harmonica Solo's and Big Hooey and The Sea Chords. Drum Circles at 0300. Flight of the Valkerie by Vagner. 1812 Overture. Marvin Gaye. Al Green. Aretha. The Supremes.

Y'all get the general idea.

I need to make out a Will. So's my gear can go the direction I desire. My guns and munitions to Robert. My truck to my local SAR unit. My MRE's and shelf long life stable #10 cans to Robert. My Ponderosa to my Sister. My Library and camping gear to Robert. Sell the rest or give it away. Spread my ashes from my powder horn at The Site near F and S Grade Road and at the 40 acre site next to Larry's place on the upper Columbia River.

Then I could Rest In Peace.
    Last edited by NONAME762; March 16th, 2013 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Didn't mean to go all morbid on you guys.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    It sounds like you had a bodacious day all around. Great Breakfast, great tunes, scored some Everclear and some ammo. I don't quite get the fascination with the matches, but hey to each his own. I could not have made the trip without a little Stevie Ray Vaughn, but otherwise it sounds great.
    Here's my deal on the S/As LR. Back ///Oh dear Taylor Swift... She is such a Bodacious Babe and singer!!! e-e-e-e-e I hear her singin her heart out and She Lights Me Up like a ROMAN CANDLE!!! Where the Heck was I?? Ohh yeah. Just B4 Y2K hit I had stocked up on S/A kitchen matches. I had 10 boxes. Or so I thought.
    Turns out they ain't S/As they are Safety Matches. RATS. So naturally I made this a major Emergency and I gotta git some ASAP.
    I got 5 boxes now and mean 2 buy 5 to 10 more boxes and I'll be good.

BTW I got an old cassette of Stevie Ray. Only prob...my trucks got CD but no cassette player so I'm SOL. Opposite side of Stevie Ray is some old Neil Young. Killer. I gotta blow outta here and spread the ole NoName around...Gots ta Spread Da Love!!

Links