I went to our local news page and was disgusted!

This is a discussion on I went to our local news page and was disgusted! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Today I went to my local news page and was disgusted with what I saw, These stories were all on the front page. Capture3.JPG Capture4.JPG ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 7 Post By DMan
  • 1 Post By IBGoodToGo
  • 1 Post By CIBMike

Thread: I went to our local news page and was disgusted!

Today I went to my local news page and was disgusted with what I saw, These stories were all on the front page.
    Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

It is no wonder with stories like this filling up the news page in very rural state like I live in, that the story below was running just yesterday.

Capture.JPG

It is so important to teach our kids that bad guys DO exist. Teaching self defense and situational awareness to kids at a young age is getting more important than ever before.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Absolutely Bro. That and teaching kids to Look Both Ways Before Crossing The Street. NEVER talk to Strangers!! I was raised on these 2 items along with all the other stuff and have Never Been Hit by a car or truck. Got burned a few times by strangers but never more than once by the same individual.

When I went thru Kalispell in 91 weirdness like this was still in Kalifornia or NY not Montana.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    Got burned a few times by strangers but never more than once by the same individual.
    Yeah, well, living on the "wrong" side of WA State you're talking to strange folk nearly every day. But that's another story entirely.

(CA escapee, myself, so I know what it's all about. )

It's amazing how many people, though, in all the states, simply don't take proactive steps and precautions for their own safety and security. They figure locking the car and house doors is sufficient, that everything else will take care of itself. Well, it all too often does. Thankfully, millions of folks seem to be getting a clue, with the CHL trends the past 15yrs. Bummer, though, that so many tens of millions more don't have the first clue. The violent criminals in our midst know this full well, and they're banking on it. Reality is, until we're ~50% armed as a society, we'll likely not see these violent felons consigned to Hades as they need to be with anywhere near the speed or efficiency that should exist. Hopefully we'll get there at some point. God help us if we don't.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

A local (suspected) molester was put in general population & was welcomed with a broken nose. In solitary now.
    CIBMike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by IBGoodToGo View Post
    A local (suspected) molester was put in general population & was welcomed with a broken nose. In solitary now.
    I am suprised some "proactive parents" have not decided to move forward and just skip the whole orange jumpsuit step.
    pittypat21 likes this.
    The easy way is always mined.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    It is so important to teach our kids that bad guys DO exist. Teaching self defense and situational awareness to kids at a young age is getting more important than ever before.
    Right on. Just like we discuss "what if" scenarios here, I'll occasionally do the same with my son.

I forget how innocent and naive he is sometimes. I'm careful in how I present things as to not make him paranoid, but I'm very glad that we have these conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Yeah, well, living on the "wrong" side of WA State you're talking to strange folk nearly every day. But that's another story entirely.
    It's not quite as bad as all that. I live in a small town in a largely agricultural valley. When I came here 38 years ago there was an A&W drive in burger joint. All the towns had at least one Ace Hardware+the usual Texaco or Mobil or Shell stations in the 5 towns here within 30M. Most pickup trucks had an EZ Rider rifle rack w/shotgun or deer rifle inside.

I came here to go to school on the GI Bill. I just never returned home and this little valley became my new home. I'm 50M from Seattle. The 2 best towns near me where I go to hang out on a Saturday are 10 and 30M away. Usually I choose Sedro as it's closer. There's not much weirdness there. Weird people set off the Stranger Alarm between my ears.

When I'm out and about I'm [I] NOT the guy plugged into an Ipod head down shuffling along, head in the clouds. My SA is head on a swivel. Not too many scammers here least ways not out in public. My circle of friends is fairly small as I've gotten older. I keep to myself and no one pulls a fast one on me. The [I] last time I got pulled over by 5 Oh was 1999. Not even the cops target me. I drive straighter than straight. [I] No one and I mean NO ONE gets past my front door unless you're known to me personally. With personal rules like this in place there have been very rare times I've been burned in the last 20 years. Only my local govt burns us all and on a regular basis. When TSHTF I'm sure a few will get even before they get a dose from me. I'll be much too busy guarding the home front too be getting agressive on the city/county.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Links