Driving While License is Suspended. . . . . More Random Driving Stories

This is a discussion on Driving While License is Suspended. . . . . More Random Driving Stories within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just heard on the local radio news that 300,000 people in WA state are driving around with a Suspended Drivers License. Three Hundred THOUSAND ...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By NONAME762
  • 1 Post By Harryball
  • 1 Post By Tala
  • 3 Post By JoJoGunn
  • 2 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 3 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By NONAME762

Thread: Driving While License is Suspended. . . . . More Random Driving Stories

Thumbs down Driving While License is Suspended. . . . . More Random Driving Stories

I just heard on the local radio news that 300,000 people in WA state are driving around with a Suspended Drivers License. Three Hundred THOUSAND people. I was flabbergasted to hear that. Absolutely mind boggling.
    PEF likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

John 3:16 Gettin' Old ain't for Sissies.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

2. Remove Ads

I did it for a few months by accident when in college. By a few I mean 10 They sent me a form asking for insurance verification randomly before I did my change of address... Never got the form so I never knew till I went to renew my license... "Sir, do you know your license is suspended?" Uhh

Just because its law, doesnt mean people will follow it...
    84160 likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

VIP Member
    And then you have others such as this drunken fool.

Driver in Raleigh wrong-way wreck had previous DWI charges :: WRAL.com
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    And then you have others such as this drunken fool.

Driver in Raleigh wrong-way wreck had previous DWI charges :: WRAL.com
    That kind of thing must be goin around. Happened here, too:
    Driver in December's wrong-way wreck on River Watch granted bond, released | The Augusta Chronicle
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Wow thats a lot to be driving without a licence. Makes you wonder what else there up to. Hmmm.

My bro-in-law is a cop.He told me,he investigated a traffic accident Friday night,involving two cars.He said neither one had any insurance,and one of them had a suspended license,smh.

A friend of mine did that once. Back in the day (i.e. 16) he got pulled over for forgetting to turn on his lights at the right time of night. Well the law here is any traffic violation before the age of 18 is an automatic license suspension for 30 days (first offense, 2nd is a year). He still had a job to get to 10 miles away so oh well.

VIP Member
    I suppose that's why there's lots of hit n' runs. I was a passenger in a vehicle that fell victim to that. Nobody hurt, but it really makes you mad to see the other car peel out and leave you with a wounded car.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

My neighbor has been driving her Lexus with significant side and rear end damage for about 5 months, I was in the elevator one night and asked her why she didn't get it fixed. She casually responded "oh because my license is suspended". I looked at her incredulously and said "you know you if you get stopped you will get arrested and your car towed" (Dallas city ordnance), she wasn't fazed at all.

I guess I almost did once. Owed some property taxes in another county that I didn't know about. I got it paid, but just barely. I can definitely see how people can slip up on that in the process of moving. What made me angry was that I had renewed a different vehicle 2 weeks prior and they had called and given the all-clear!! I'm sure they would never have admitted to *their* mistake though....
    The lady also refused to take my CHL as a second form of ID. It's listed in the manual. Obviously, the DMV down here is about as messed up as they come. They make up their own rules as they go along.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

We need a law against this!

Actually we need MORE laws against it! More laws will reduce the number of those driving with suspended or no license, eh? I am convinced that I need to write my Congress peeps and get this legislation of MORE laws put in place to be against driving with no license!

How many are with me? C'mon, we need common sense driving laws, background checks for those who want a car, especially those evil black SUV's with the high capacity cabins that allow greater numbers of people to be injured or killed with one.

Ok, all sarcasm aside, this is a thing that our officials are powerless to stop. Just yesterday nearby my home, a man crashed his vehicle into an oncoming one and killed the woman in it. He had a "suspended" license and numerous DUI convictions. Yet, he was still out there driving, thumbing his nose at the "law." He has now killed someone and that will be what it takes to get this guy out of his vehicle and into jail.
    84160, Jeanlouise and msgt/ret like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member
    If they're caught driving with a suspension because of a prior DUI or some other serious offense...throw the book at them.

If they are caught driving with a suspension because of some paperwork sanfu...tell them they have 10 days to rectify the situation or pay a fine or face a day in jail. (or whatever law is already in place to address this)

We have all the laws we need in place, now we just have to enforce them.
    msgt/ret and WHEC724 like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    No DL, no insurance . . . all the more reason to drive a throw-away clunker. I'd hate to lose a nice Mercedes to an illegal immigrant's carelessness.
    msgt/ret, thephanatik and B_2keys like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    No DL, no insurance . . . all the more reason to drive a throw-away clunker. I'd hate to lose a nice Mercedes to an illegal immigrant's carelessness.
    Well last I heard your insurance was basically no good if your drivers license was suspended.
    PEF likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

John 3:16 Gettin' Old ain't for Sissies.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Links