How many laws are you breaking?

This is a discussion on How many laws are you breaking? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Good luck finding out! I found this tidbit today... don't know if it's 100% accurate, but I would guess it to be darn close. The ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: How many laws are you breaking?

How many laws are you breaking?

Good luck finding out! I found this tidbit today... don't know if it's 100% accurate, but I would guess it to be darn close.

The US Code, which contains all federal statutes, occupies 56,009 single-spaced pages. Its 47 volumes take up 9 feet of shelf space....Administrative lawmaking under statutes fill up the 207-volume Code of Federal Regulations, which spans 21 feet of shelf space and contains more than 134,488 pages of regulatory law. The Federal Register updates federal regulations daily. In 1994, its 250 volumes had a total of 68,107 pages. Federal law is further augmented by more than 2,756 volumes of judicial precedent, taking up 160 yards of law library shelving."
    US CODE 9 feet= 3 yards
    Admin Law 21 feet = 7 yards
    Fed Register ~10 feet(half the pages of the admin law)= 3.5 yards
    Judicial precedent = 160 yards.

173.5 yards of law.... that's bigger'n a football field..
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    According to dumblaws.com, interracial marriages are still illegal in TN. I'm only half white, so I'm busted. Cuff me.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

When approaching a four way or blind intersection in a non-horse driven vehicle you must stop 100 ft from the intersection and discharge a firearm into the air to warn horse traffic..This is a law in S.C.I break this one all the time,and i think i may keep breaking it,lmao.
    atctimmy, Cokeman and gregnsc like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    According to dumblaws.com, interracial marriages are still illegal in TN. I'm only half white, so I'm busted. Cuff me.
    But it would be illegal to jail your innocent half.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by heatherr855 View Post
    When approaching a four way or blind intersection in a non-horse driven vehicle you must stop 100 ft from the intersection and discharge a firearm into the air to warn horse traffic..This is a law in S.C.I break this one all the time,and i think i may keep breaking it,lmao.
    I'm bring a lot more ammo with me next time I drive thru SC.
    Last edited by OldVet; March 21st, 2013 at 07:54 PM.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

We had a murder in my hometown quite some years ago, 80's (1980's not 1880's!) and the guy was basically a thug that even the police didn't care for.

They found his remains in the Guyandotte River and there was a steel sewer grate lashed to the body. Cops "knew" who did it but with little proof, the only law they could get the killer on was.....kid you not....

"A law from the 1800's that prohibits pollution of small streams." I'm not sure but that may still be on the books.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by heatherr855 View Post
    I wonder if that is can work as a defense? It is the law.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Several right now. Not at liberty to disclose, LOL
    NONAME762 likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I'm bring a lot more ammo with me next time I drive thru SC.
    Well I wont be going to S.C. anytime soon. Ammo is to expensive and hard to find. LOL
    OnePlink likes this.

VIP Member
    I'm so cool that you'd think it was a crime. : )
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

I break no laws I'm aware of, but my wife gets her hair cut without my permission, so she breaks one Michigan law.

Back in the UK I must admit I failed to complete my daily longbow practice. I should have kept my skill up so I could take advantage of the law requiring the mandatory shooting of Scotsmen in the city of York.
    atctimmy and Cokeman like this.

None yet, but when I break out the elephants to plow my cotton fields this spring there might be trouble.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

If I lived in SC with that law on the books Id use up a ton of blanks LOL
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Which half????????
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

It says here in CT it is illegal to hunt or shoot from a public highway.

God, I hope so! Not exactly a dumb law...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links