Time to disband the USA!

Time to disband the USA!

This is a discussion on Time to disband the USA! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I put this in Off Topic/Humor because, well because it's kind of meant as a joke... or not. With all the extreme differences between the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Time to disband the USA!

Time to disband the USA!

I put this in Off Topic/Humor because, well because it's kind of meant as a joke... or not.

With all the extreme differences between the pro gun and anti gun states I think it is time we disband the United States.

Then all the anti-gun states can deny their citizens the right to own guns, and can abolish all civil rights as they choose.

And the pro-gun states can take their guns and enslave the unarmed states - and then all those democrats can do all our work for us!

I'm surprised nobody has thought of it before.

Ahhh history repeating itself
    Poseidon likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

That's NOT an altogether bad idea.
    84160 likes this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

What? A liberal working, I've never seen that before.... just a joke, no offense intended

Do you deserve the right to bear arms if you're willing to abandon your protection of other people the same right? Shouldn't you be fighting for the rights of anti-gun people?
    The only acceptable long-term outcome is to find a cure. It's an actual solution, requiring forward-thinking efforts.

Until then, we're just arguing about who's pushing who.

Depending on how far they push, that might be exactly what ends up happening.. If these idiots think for one second that we the American "right", will end up like some of the other anti-right to defend and protect nations out there; boy are they in for a big eye opener. When and if it happens, I know which side Ill be on, and that's not all talk. I'm old enough and grumpy enough to say that; once I'm dead and gone do with it what you will, but as long as I'm here I'll defend the Constitution of the United States as it was written and intended, and not some communist amended interpretation of it.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Good idea but that's assuming the Anti's don't actually own guns themselves.

It's all about, Do as I say, not as I do". They want everyone else to disarm, except them of course. Time and time again we see that the most outspoken Anti's are the best armed.
    RKflorida, WHEC724 and msgt/ret like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    As Jeanlouise alluded, this is about power and control. Nothing else.

I seriously doubt that they will consent to peacefully allow us to draw a line of state's rights providing for this.

In actuality, once the US Dollar Collapses the people on the Government Assistance Pay Roll card will separate us real fast.
    The food on the Grocery Shelves will be stripped in about 24 hours and then they will start coming to you house to get your stuff.
    I'd say the DHS has already prepared to address this FACT with their 1.6 BILLION 40 caliber hollow point bullets.

States will separate from the US Government and attempt to take back control. Those Pro Gun Rights States will be the ones in the Drivers Seat! If we're smart we'll keep our seat and not give it up.
    Some will band together for strength and those Anti Gun States will be begging the Gun States for protection from their own citizens.
    If we are smart we will tell them to go jump in the lake!

Maybe they can band together and get the DHS to protect them.
    But you can bet they will be coming after your stuff real soon.

There are an awful lot of mass grave sites around the American Countryside for this debate.

Once the Asian Countries establish their Currency as the new Standard for International Trade, the US Dollar will be about worth about as much as the Confederate Dollar! The USA has too much debt for the World to allow our Currency to remain in power. Just look at Greece, Syria and Spain to see our future!

Then life will get real interesting FAST!

The New Liberal will be the Wolf at the door! Coming to take your stuff!
    By force if they think neccessary!
    What have you done to prepare for the end of civilization as we know it?

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Anarchy, I tell you.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I don't like these discussions, liberty is still worth fighting for and for all 50. I'd rather spend my energy trying to get liberty loving people in positions of power. Ill concede one day in the course of human events it may be neccessary to dissolve the political bands that connect one to another but now is not that time, now is time to bring the political fight.
    AK_Brian likes this.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    Do you deserve the right to bear arms if you're willing to abandon your protection of other people the same right? Shouldn't you be fighting for the rights of anti-gun people?
    What? I guess they don't call it Cana-duh for nothing... If anti-gun states leave the US, then they would become a foreign country. If their citizens don't value their right to keep and bear arms, how does that obligate me? And for the record, "Deserve's got nothin' to do with it..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    It's all about, Do as I say, not as I do". They want everyone else to disarm, except them of course. Time and time again we see that the most outspoken Anti's are the best armed.
    Easily the best armed, since the gov't maintains control and authority over an extremely powerful military
    The only acceptable long-term outcome is to find a cure. It's an actual solution, requiring forward-thinking efforts.

Until then, we're just arguing about who's pushing who.

The irony is at one point, each state was its own "nation" until the late 1700's when the original colonies realized that they need to unite if they stood a chance at their freedom.

If something were to happen, at most the US would break into a few regions. The first days would be very bad in major cities, but rural areas would remain more peaceful. There would be temporary utility outages and those with tangible assets would be better off... These would include, water, food, gold, silver, and lead backed by gun powder.

However, I don't think that we would get to that point unless we were attacked in a way that crippled our infrastructure.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Here is my favorite quote! It is contributed to Mr. Tyler:

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasure. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship.
    The average age of the world's great civilizations has been two hundred years. These nations have progressed through the following sequence: from bondage to spiritual faith, from spiritual faith to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependency, from dependency back to bondage.
    Alexander Tyler, 1787

I guess we could fit those Lib states in under the last sequence - Bondage. Do we need to use mink oil on our whips?

Please remember the US is a REPUBLIC not a democracy!
    MJClark likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links