Colorado shootings...

This is a discussion on Colorado shootings... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; As you may have heard, our Exec. Director of Corrections was murdered a couple of days ago. They killed the scum bag in east Texas ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Colorado shootings...

Colorado shootings...

As you may have heard, our Exec. Director of Corrections was murdered a couple of days ago.
    They killed the scum bag in east Texas (well done, L.E.)!!!!

Our Governor has....

A. RAPED the 2nd
    B. leagalized pot

And today, "9News.com" is reporting that the father of the shooter of our Exec. Director of Corrections
    contributed to his campain, and he is threatening to ban this news channel "access" to future media coverage....??
    Our Governor has known "that family for 30+ years"......

I smell a skunk....
    Anubis likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Hickenlooper didn't legalize marijuana. It was passed through a ballot initiative. And you act as if that's a bad thing. No single policy change would reduce crime more than if we legalized drugs. The Mexican government should be encouraging us to legalize rather than worrying about our guns getting back into their country; it would hurt the cartels big time.

Quote Originally Posted by torgo1968 View Post
    Hickenlooper didn't legalize marijuana. It was passed through a ballot initiative. And you act as if that's a bad thing. No single policy change would reduce crime more than if we legalized drugs. The Mexican government should be encouraging us to legalize rather than worrying about our guns getting back into their country; it would hurt the cartels big time.
    and you act like legalizing drugs is a good thing

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AR15VSCoyote View Post
    And today, "9News.com" is reporting that the father of the shooter of our Exec. Director of Corrections
    contributed to his campain, and he is threatening to ban this news channel "access" to future media coverage....??
    Our Governor has known "that family for 30+ years"......
    What grounds could he use to ban the news channel? Can he legally do that?
    Democrats are used to having media back them up and not ask questions so it doesn't surprise me if the Gov. wants to supress anyone who "gets out of line".

Which family are you referring to? The shooters or the Exec. Directors? I'm assuming the shooters, but not sure.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

I agree to some extent with you on legalizing drugs. However is does come with a cost. Everything does. It would not put the cartels out of business. Remember that if our government sets the price for an OZ of pot a 50 dollars, the cartel with undercut the price. I think they would become more powerful....
    AR15VSCoyote and OldVet like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Be very careful on what you wish for, the government will place an opportunity cost of some type if grass is approved
    AR15VSCoyote and OldVet like this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    I agree to some extent with you on legalizing drugs. However is does come with a cost.
    Of course. I'm not proposing that legalizing would make everything rainbows and sunshine. But in a cost/benefit analysis, the negatives are outweighed by the positives.

Everything does. It would not put the cartels out of business.
    I did not say it would put them out of business. But there is no question it would, as I said, hurt them. If pot was legalized, our country would have no problem being a self-supplier, we might even become an exporter.

Remember that if our government sets the price for an OZ of pot a 50 dollars, the cartel with undercut the price. I think they would become more powerful....
    Who said anything about the government setting the price? I'm all free market on this. And if it was legal, its ease of production would guarantee safe and inexpensive pot. It's not exactly expensive as it is, legalize it and it would be dirt cheap.

I agree torgo- bad choice of wording on my part=
    I don't "Act as if it's a bad thing"...?

I CANNOT agree more, that leagalizing weed WILL hurt the mexican cartel.
    my comment on weed was but a small part of the overall subject, and you maybe not
    as knowledgeable on local politics here in Colorado and his connection to the shooter

Jeanlouise,
    The Gov can ban access to news media by not granting access to THEM to interview HIM; no legality to it.
    The family I refer to is the SHOOTER....

Here's the link.....Hickenlooper calls Ebel's father 'old friend' | Video | 9news.com
    Jeanlouise likes this.

I agree torgo- bad choice of wording on my part=
    I don't "Act as if it's a bad thing"...?

I CANNOT agree more, that leagalizing weed WILL hurt the mexican cartel.
    my comment on weed was but a small part of the overall subject, and you maybe not
    as knowledgeable on local politics here in Colorado and his connection to the shooter
    No problem. Though I didn't comment on local politics.

I didnt say you made any comment on 'local politics'??

You only responded to my 'weed' comment, and there is more to the story.
    Feel free to access the link I posted, which may help explain the point I was making....

Of course. I'm not proposing that legalizing would make everything rainbows and sunshine. But in a cost/benefit analysis, the negatives are outweighed by the positives.
    Ill agree to a Maybe on that.

I did not say it would put them out of business. But there is no question it would, as I said, hurt them. If pot was legalized, our country would have no problem being a self-supplier, we might even become an exporter.
    IMO I think it would create a bigger demand for the product. In doing so, making them stronger.

Who said anything about the government setting the price? I'm all free market on this. And if it was legal, its ease of production would guarantee safe and inexpensive pot. It's not exactly expensive as it is, legalize it and it would be dirt cheap.
    The government would be very hands on with this. So much so, that it would cripple the legal growers. It is a pipe dream to think that the government would allow free market to run the pot trade. Its just not going to happen. If it did, then maybe. I live in a legal state. It has not gone well at all
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sundrix View Post
    and you act like legalizing drugs is a good thing
    We can't have a dialog if you don't lay out your argument. Yes, I think it would be a good thing. I don't think drug use and certainly not abuse are good things, but that's not the point of legalization. I'm pro-freedom, and the freedom to ingest what you want as long as you aren't hurting others is pretty fundamental. We allow alcohol because we know that the cure was worse than the disease. With marijuana, it's even worse as you are talking about a drug that doesn't have anywhere near the direct negative impact from usage as alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    IMO I think it would create a bigger demand for the product. In doing so, making them stronger.
    Maybe, but there's not a whole lot of people who really want pot who aren't getting it because it's illegal. And as I said, with it being legal, marijuana cultivation would explode. California farmers and southern tobacco companies would start growing the stuff like mad.

The government would be very hands on with this. So much so, that it would cripple the legal growers. It is a pipe dream to think that the government would allow free market to run the pot trade. Its just not going to happen. If it did, then maybe. I live in a legal state. It has not gone well at all
    Neither of us knows for sure how hands on the government would be. They are relatively hands on with alcohol and alcohol companies seem to be doing fine.

[QUOTE=torgo1968;2671250
    Maybe, but there's not a whole lot of people who really want pot who aren't getting it because it's illegal. And as I said, with it being legal, marijuana cultivation would explode. California farmers and southern tobacco companies would start growing the stuff like mad.[/quote]

IMO you just proved my point. More would use. The government would be involved. Making the cartels that much powerful...

Neither of us knows for sure how hands on the government would be. They are relatively hands on with alcohol and alcohol companies seem to be doing fine.
    I have an idea on how the government would act. I live in a state that has legalized it. They will get involved to know ends. Price and demand will control the pot game. Like I said before there are to many pit falls with legalizing drugs. If the government would stay out, it might be fine, but they will not. Proof. All the states that have it legalize now. It would seem the powers that be cant keep there hands out of the pot...LOL The Government is into alcohol so deep its not funny. It would be worse in the drug trade. But I digress.
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Our Governor has....

A. RAPED the 2nd
    B. leagalized pot
    C. Permanently stayed the richly-deserved execution of Nathan Dunlap, angering virtually everyone else in the state.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links