Thread deleted?

This is a discussion on Thread deleted? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This morning I posted a thread regarding a local news story about a stolen under cover car. I included a link to the story. It ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Jeanlouise

Thread: Thread deleted?

Thread deleted?

This morning I posted a thread regarding a local news story about a stolen under cover car. I included a link to the story. It was posted in the "in the news" section . I went to add some info to it, and found that the thread was gone. No history of it, nothing in my profile about starting it. If a post was deleted, should I have been told why? It was a relevant post made in the correct section, at least I thought so. Please someone, an admin perhaps, let me know what's up? Thank you

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JPeterson View Post
    This morning I posted a thread regarding a local news story about a stolen under cover car. I included a link to the story. It was posted in the "in the news" section . I went to add some info to it, and found that the thread was gone. No history of it, nothing in my profile about starting it. If a post was deleted, should I have been told why? It was a relevant post made in the correct section, at least I thought so. Please someone, an admin perhaps, let me know what's up? Thank you
    Was it ragging on law enforcement, perchance?
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    There have been several cautions about posting in the “In the news” forum that if it is not directly related to defensive firearms usage they will be removed.

Read this before posting here!!!!
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

No, it was not ragging on law enforcement. And as far as pertaining to defensive firearms usage, there were 2 police issued firearms stolen along with the car, so yeah I think it fits that too.

No, it was not ragging on law enforcement. And as far as pertaining to defensive firearms usage, there were 2 police issued firearms stolen along with the car, so yeah I think it fits that too.
    From the Read This link above: "Stop posting any old news story here. This is supposed to be about self defense topics, not a dumping ground for anything you find interesting. This has been made clear in the past, but its getting out of hand again."
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Well I guess someone being irresponsible in securing the very guns people are trying to ban the general public from having isn't news. It wasn't old news, it happened this morning. I will keep to myself from now on. Won't have to worry about my threads being deleted then.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Don't get huffy. The powers to be have for several weeks now been trying to keep that thread on track.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Well I guess someone being irresponsible in securing the very guns people are trying to ban the general public from having isn't news. It wasn't old news, it happened this morning. I will keep to myself from now on. Won't have to worry about my threads being deleted then.
    Put it in "off topic" or in the forum on law enforcement and laws. The "In the News" is specifically for news about someone using a gun to defend themselves, successfully or unsuccessfully.

Most of us have had threads deleted or locked for one reason or another. It happens pretty frequently.
    NONAME762 and msgt/ret like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Put it in "off topic" or in the forum on law enforcement and laws. The "In the News" is specifically for news about someone using a gun to defend themselves, successfully or unsuccessfully.

Most of us have had threads deleted or locked for one reason or another. It happens pretty frequently.
    That's a big 10-4 JL. I remember one night me and some others here went way off kilter. First the tread got locked then it plumb disappeared. I may have been slightly lit up so of course that added to the fire.

Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

J, you are taking it to personal. Its not. If it does not pertain to self defense it does not belong. Thats the long and short of it.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Links