Astronaut Mark Kelly’s Assault Dog Kills

This is a discussion on Astronaut Mark Kelly’s Assault Dog Kills within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Mark Kelly’s Assault Dog Kills Baby Sea Lion Posted by Jammie on Mar 26, 2013 at 8:13 am Maybe we should order background checks on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Astronaut Mark Kelly’s Assault Dog Kills

Astronaut Mark Kelly’s Assault Dog Kills

Mark Kelly’s Assault Dog Kills Baby Sea Lion
    Posted by Jammie on Mar 26, 2013 at 8:13 am

Maybe we should order background checks on people so they’re legally allowed to own such vicious animals. And why didn’t Mark Kelly keep better control of this animal? Why does someone need such a big dog? Is he trying to prove how manly he is or something? How many more sea lions must die?!?!

See Video: Mark Kelly?s Assault Dog Kills Baby Sea Lion | Jammie Wearing Fools
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

2. Remove Ads

I had my dog at the beach. With an arrooot I woke & got the seals sleeping on the dock up & singing. My dog paid them absolutely no attention. He was more interested in a close seagul. I couldn't figure that out.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Was that a misprint or am I missing something? a 65 lb dog does not seem that big.

The dog is reported to be a 65lb American Bulldog. They are that strong and protective. They are frequently mistaken for Pitbulls. The dog belongs to the stepdaughter and does not live with the Giffords. The dog is not Mark Kelly's.

This family has served our country well. While you may disagree with their positions, their service to the U.S. is real and their cost of service has been high. They deserve respect.

Even If we save only 1 baby sea lion isnt it worth it?
    CLASS3NH, Brad426, darbo and 2 others like this.

Yes, the family served our country well... Yes, they deserved respect. Until they decided (They made a conscious decision)to undermine the very foundations of the country they served.

Now, for their own aggrandizement, they have chosen a path which will make them more famous in the eyes of some and more infamous in the eyes of others. But, as they say in Hollywood, "ALL publicity is good publicity."

Perhaps Mark can become the next Senator or Representative from AZ. And, it won't surprise me one bit if he runs...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Some of the comments on the article were pretty good. This was my favorite:

"Mark Kelly’s dog has killed more baby sea lions than all of my guns."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougb View Post
    ... They deserve respect.
    With due respect, they do not. Becoming a victim does not garner respect, it garners my sympathy.

Before the shooting, I recall her questioning a senior officer on the "carbon footprint" of our vehicles in Afghanistan. As long as they seek to affect legislation, she and her husband are a pariah on our society.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougb View Post
    The dog is reported to be a 65lb American Bulldog. They are that strong and protective. They are frequently mistaken for Pitbulls. The dog belongs to the stepdaughter and does not live with the Giffords. The dog is not Mark Kelly's.

This family has served our country well. While you may disagree with their positions, their service to the U.S. is real and their cost of service has been high. They deserve respect.
    You can bet your bottom dollar if that had been Wayne LaPierre's dog on that beach, it most certainly would have been reported as a vicious pitbull, and we would be hearing about it for weeks.
    msgt/ret, darbo, 84160 and 3 others like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by IBGoodToGo View Post
    With an arrooot I woke...
    What in Sam Hill is an 'arrooot'?
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    That will probably garner a huge outcry from PETA, USHS, SPCA, Greenpeace and the Sierra Club.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    You can bet your bottom dollar if that had been Wayne LaPierre's dog on that beach, it most certainly would have been reported as a vicious pitbull, and we would be hearing about it for weeks.
    For sure. If this had happened to any Conservative it would be in the media ad nauseam. "Clinging to their guns, bibles and vicious, baby sea lion killing dogs."

But, it's Astronaut Mark Kelly who heroically wades into the surf to try and save the sea lion from his daughter's dog who accidently "broke off his leash". No one to blame, no harm done (except to the sea lion of course).

I personally think it was an accident but I know the ugly twist the media would be giving this under different circumstances. So, I'm not in the mood to be nice.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    That will probably garner a huge outcry from PETA, USHS, SPCA, Greenpeace and the Sierra Club.

NOT!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    NOT!
    Yep, I forgot they’re liberals also.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I read another article on this that had the same video that attempted to depict Kelly as a "hero" for pulling a dog off a baby sea lion. Further into the article it was pointed out that the dog was Kelly's stepdaughter's. He certainly ain't no hero. He's a hypocrite as indicated by his recent past actions. I also heartily agree with Mike1956's and Jeanlouise's comments above.
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links