1 Million dollar reward dries up for Dorner, the Cop killing Cop

This is a discussion on 1 Million dollar reward dries up for Dorner, the Cop killing Cop within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Did anyone even suspect that this reward would get paid out? Story is here . In short, the reward was for the arrest and conviction ...

Thread: 1 Million dollar reward dries up for Dorner, the Cop killing Cop

Did anyone even suspect that this reward would get paid out? Story is here. In short, the reward was for the arrest and conviction and he killed himself.

I asked then, and I ask again - was there EVER a chance that this guy was going to get arrested? As a reminder, lets think about the blue truck (wrong make and model) with bullet holes in the back of the truck and wounded women from the cops out looking to "arrest" him.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

They'll need the 1 million to pay off the lawsuit of the two women who were shot up. I agree - there was no intention of taking him alive.
    Never get out of the boat....

VIP Member
    Nope, no one gets paid...no surprise. I do think the women deserve the reward over anyone who might have snitched about the guy. I hate a "snitch for money".
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Honestly, it don't think it should be paid out. The reason I say this is that there was no one single source of information that led the police to him. The people trying to claim it are the couple that were briefly held hostage by him after they walked into their cabin that he was hiding in and the guy he carjacked after he left the cabin. None of them did anything towards finding him by their own choice, they just happened to cross paths with him by chance.

Rewards should be paid out to people who consciously and proactively take measures to find a wanted criminal. For example, in the Whitey Bulger case, the FBI paid out $2.1M to someone who was the neighbor of Bulger and his girlfriend in Santa Monica. She knew they for some time, happened to see the ads on day time TV the FBI had purchased to promote the case, connected the dots and called the FBI. Her hunch turned out to be right and they arrested both of them and paid out the reward, I have no problem at all with my tax dollars being used for that.

Unless your a bounty hunter you are going to get information for that reward by chance. Not hunting down a cop killer and dialing 911. I would think being taken hostage by the fugitive for a time and then pointing LE in the right direction would suffice as doing enough to get the reward had it ever been a real offer which it wasnt.

Dorner was not ever going to be arrested after killing that 1st LE. Much less threatening to kill more than he did. He was a dead man walking once he declared war on LA PD and actually killed even one. No matter how he was caught or if he turned himself in. There was never going to be arrest and conviction, cops knew it, Dorner knew it, heck anyone should have known it. Cop killer = corpse 98 percent of the time.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

The 2 ladies should IMO get alot more than 1M......after the law suits are settled.

Sponsored Links