What is wrong with people these days

This is a discussion on What is wrong with people these days within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Fosters.com - Dover NH, Rochester NH, Portsmouth NH, Laconia NH, Sanford ME Poor man gets harassed and basically the whole town calls the police. For ...

Thread: What is wrong with people these days

What is wrong with people these days

Fosters.com - Dover NH, Rochester NH, Portsmouth NH, Laconia NH, Sanford ME

Poor man gets harassed and basically the whole town calls the police. For those that don't know, Wakefield is one of those small backwoods type towns which makes it all the worse.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Sounds like a non-issue and too many folks with too much time on their hands.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I admire him, I'd like to open carry sometime but I couldn't go much more then a block from my apartment before I'm in a school zone........ so many schools around here.

Anyway yeah a non-issue and people that have to much time on their hands.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Fosters.com - Dover NH, Rochester NH, Portsmouth NH, Laconia NH, Sanford ME
    I have experienced the arm of the law two years in a row while racing at Laconia, police never seemed to like the sound of the pipes on my hauler. To be fair it was the Loudon PD that got me both times and yes I was "On the Pipes" and deserved to be stopped.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

People with to much time on their hands. Or just to damn nosy.

I had a co-worker saw me buying ammo one day. He proceeds to ask a line of questions. I finally get fed up and tell him he asks an awful lot of questions. He hasn't asked me a question since. If people spent as much time tending to their own business, society would be a different place. I have seen open carry by customers and doesn't bother me a bit. It's the twitchy ones I watch.

VIP Member
    I'm going to have a yard sale, probably this weekend. I'm going to open carry. Let the fun begin!

(I plan to offer steep discounts to anyone pro-gun who shows me theirs.)
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

What is wrong is that most people do not know that in many states it is perfectly legal to openly carry a handgun. I stress the legal aspect of it being openly displayed.

Many folks do not even know this, and have been led to the incorrect assumption that if someone is openly carrying a handgun, even a loaded one, they are breaking the law. Unless it is against the law in that state or area, they are fine. People who are ignorant of the laws assume that it is illegal and therefore the cops get the "man with a gun" calls frequenly.

They have been terrified by the Media and gun control advocates that people like this are dangerous and nutty. They are not and are excercising their right. We need exercise.

Unless this guy was a felon, or has no right to open carry, he's good to go and people just need to get over it.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    I'm going to have a yard sale, probably this weekend. I'm going to open carry. Let the fun begin!

(I plan to offer steep discounts to anyone pro-gun who shows me theirs.)
    At least you won't have to worry about the non-carriers haggling your prices down!
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Links