Local Sheriff Can't Carry Gun - Under Indictment

This is a discussion on Local Sheriff Can't Carry Gun - Under Indictment within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A sheriff in my area threatened several people. He threatened to dismember and eat part of one guy, then pulled a gun on another person ...

Thread: Local Sheriff Can't Carry Gun - Under Indictment

Local Sheriff Can't Carry Gun - Under Indictment

A sheriff in my area threatened several people. He threatened to dismember and eat part of one guy, then pulled a gun on another person (allegedly). This was all investigated over a several month period. He was indicted by a grand jury. He is at still work, but is not allowed to carry a gun. I recognize that the accusations could be false, and he can be acquitted, but it seems that someone who can't carry a gun should also not have law enforcement powers...

George David, Pennsylvania County Sheriff, Allegedly Threatened To Cut Off Campaign Volunteer's Hands
    "All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." - Daniel Boone

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    I'm surprised they have allowed him to stay in his position until the investigation is complete. If what he said was true it sounds as if he has some serious anger issues and mentally unbalanced.

There was a Sheriff in another county nearby me that is accused of police brutality and had to step down while he was being investigated.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Theoretically, this could happen quite often. In our area, a sheriff is an elected official. So if we elect one, without a peace officer's license, and with a conviction that prohibits them from carrying, then it could happen. Now, I'd ask why we voted for this person, but we have made a bunch of unwise decisions at the polls in recent years......

Whewww....!!

Good thing this guy dosen't live in Colorado!!!!......

Links