What would you do?

This is a discussion on What would you do? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by madmax2976 If a dog or a horse were suffering in agony, with little or no chance of escape or repreive, we'd kill ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by madmax2976 View Post
    If a dog or a horse were suffering in agony, with little or no chance of escape or repreive, we'd kill them out of compassion and sympathy. I think humans are worth at least as much compassion and sympathy as a dog or a horse.
    That only works is we are assuming that humans are not fundamentally different from a dog or a horse. I, for one, am not willing to grant you that premise.

All the best,

Joe

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
    That only works is we are assuming that humans are not fundamentally different from a dog or a horse. I, for one, am not willing to grant you that premise.
    Me neither. In fact I consider humans more deserving of such sympathy and compassion than I do dogs and horses. :)

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Your position only works if you assume that humans deserve to suffer whereas animals do not.

Tough call, not sure what I'd do... but if the fire was so bad that you couldn't approach the car then it's unlikely you'd have much of a target anyway with flames and smoke.

This woman survived 20mins in a burning car:

For those who might find the poster too graphic or offensive, it was used in an anti-DWI ad campaign... and of course a little queasyness in the tummy is nothing compared to what that woman endures every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo View Post

All the best,

Joe
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links