Seven pit bulls kill 2 yr old toddler in her own yard

This is a discussion on Seven pit bulls kill 2 yr old toddler in her own yard within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Eighteen-month-old Monica Renee Laminack was mauled in the yard Wednesday evening by dogs her family owned. PEMBROKE, Ga. — Authorities in coastal Georgia have identified ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Seven pit bulls kill 2 yr old toddler in her own yard

Eighteen-month-old Monica Renee Laminack was mauled in the yard Wednesday evening by dogs her family owned.

PEMBROKE, Ga. — Authorities in coastal Georgia have identified the toddler who was mauled to death by a pack of dogs as Monica Renee Laminack. She would have turned 2 years old in June.

Bryan County Sheriff Clyde Smith tells the Savannah Morning News that the girl was mauled in the yard of her home Wednesday evening by seven dogs her family owned. Authorities say the child's grandmother was asleep when she heard a commotion and saw the girl being attacked as she looked out of her window.

Authorities say the dogs — pit bulls and pit bull mixes — have been euthanized by Bryan County Animal Control.

Officials identified the girl Thursday morning. It was unclear whether charges would be filed.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/t...e#.UVTaoJOG0Zs

Mine only lick people to death.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Sad.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Genetics can't fed or petted out.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Genetics can't fed or petted out.
    Its funny you say that. When dog fighting was legal, if a dog bit,growled, or showed any type of aggression they killed the dog on the spot. Pitbulls were never bread to attack people. We introduced that behavior in them.

http://www.aspca.org/Pet-care/virtua...bout-pit-bulls
    inneyeseakay and pittypat21 like this.
    DPMS AR-15
    Mossberg 835 Ulti-MAG
    M&P .40sw
    M&P Shield .40sw

IMHO Pits were bread to be strong and fast not to be mean. I have had a few pits myself and none of them have ever attacked anything but a squeaky dog toy. They have been one of the most humble lovable animals i have ever owned, my chihuahua is meaner than any pit i have had.

VIP Member
    My dad has a pit/rottweiler mix. When people saw him as a pup, they said he'd be nothing but trouble. He's the biggest weenie I've ever seen. I could yell Boo! and that dog would run.

Poor breeding, poor training and all-dog pack mentality give poor results.
    packinnova likes this.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    My dad has a pit/rottweiler mix. When people saw him as a pup, they said he'd be nothing but trouble. He's the biggest weenie I've ever seen. I could yell Boo! and that dog would run.

Poor breeding, poor training and all-dog pack mentality give poor results.

What kind of parent/grandparent sleeps and leaves a 1 year old with 7 rottweilers? Who was responsible for this child's safety?
    atctimmy and Jeanlouise like this.

i have a pure breed pit.. she is the sweetest laziest dog i have ever met. My old jack Russel had more aggression and bite then my pit has ever had. IMHO its all about how they are raised and the way you treat them. .
    inneyeseakay likes this.

i always watch for dogs when my daughters outside. shes outside right now (3 yrs old) playing with the neighbor boy (also 3yrs old) their playing in her fj cruiser truck. we live in duplexes and theirs 4 units total. the new people that moved in at the end have friends over who bring a pitbull and another dog. were not aloud to even have friends bring dogs here but when i see the dogs outside i will go sit out their with them in stead of watching tv with door open. i have made it clear any dogs wandering off on my property to close to my kid that is grouling or showing teeth will be put down. and if any Aggressive dog does try to bite my daughter or does bite her the dog will be put down and so will the owner
    GunTrooper likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gallardo.g23 View Post
    i always watch for dogs when my daughters outside. shes outside right now (3 yrs old) playing with the neighbor boy (also 3yrs old) their playing in her fj cruiser truck. we live in duplexes and theirs 4 units total. the new people that moved in at the end have friends over who bring a pitbull and another dog. were not aloud to even have friends bring dogs here but when i see the dogs outside i will go sit out their with them in stead of watching tv with door open. i have made it clear any dogs wandering off on my property to close to my kid that is grouling or showing teeth will be put down. and if any Aggressive dog does try to bite my daughter or does bite her the dog will be put down and so will the owner
    Now thats an attitude I agree with, my daughters are older but I feel the same way.
    Gun control, the ability to hit your target

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    I have champion pits and they are perfectly mannered. I wouldnt leave a two year old unattended with or without dogs
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Pitbull dogs are like guns you never hear about the millions of well behaved loving animals or the good that guns do. But let one misbehave and the world of reporters in on it.

Packs of dogs are dangerous. They run sheep and cows into a fence and chew the back end off them. Nodogs in a pack are safe to leave children with.

I am held accountable for the work I perform yet weathermen and reporters are held harmless the the crap they spread and the lies they tell.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Weatherman?

Anyway, never leave a child that young alone.....period.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gallardo.g23 View Post
    Posts like this will land you in prison if you ever have an actual incident.
    Brad426 likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links