Mousketeer Lost

This is a discussion on Mousketeer Lost within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just saw where Annette Funicello passed away today at the age of 70. For the younger members here, she was one of the original Mickey ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By archer51
  • 1 Post By NONAME762
  • 2 Post By detective
  • 3 Post By Jeanlouise

Thread: Mousketeer Lost

VIP Member

Unhappy Mousketeer Lost

Just saw where Annette Funicello passed away today at the age of 70. For the younger members here, she was one of the original Mickey Mouse Club Mouseketeer's back in the 50's and 60's. She went on to make "Beach" movies with Frankie Avalon. She had battled MS for over 25 years, and finally succumb to complications from it.

I can remember watching her and the rest of the Mouseketeer's as a kid growing up. She was probably the first heart throb for many young men in my generation.

R.I.P. Annette and thank you for many fond boyhood memories. Your pain and suffering is ended.

Former Mouseketeer Annette Funicello dies at 70 - MSN TV News
    84160 likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    That's sad. She'd been out of the public for quite some time. Disney never seemed to be able to repeat the success of the original "Clubbers."
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    She was a wonderful person and will be sorely missed.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

I too grew up watching the Mouseketeers+JP Patches and Lassie and Rin Tin Tin. Annette was younger than I would have guessed.
    84160 likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    I too had a huge crush on Annette Funicello she was a great lady and will be missed. MS is such a cruel disease, one of the members of our coin club has MS and it is so disheartening to watch the progress of the disease. I have watched him go from a limp to a cane then a walker and now he is confined to a wheelchair.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

We Were Lovers - at Age 9 :

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Just saw where Annette Funicello passed away today at the age of 70. For the younger members here, she was one of the original Mickey Mouse Club Mouseketeer's back in the 50's and 60's. She went on to make "Beach" movies with Frankie Avalon. She had battled MS for over 25 years, and finally succumb to complications from it.

I can remember watching her and the rest of the Mouseketeer's as a kid growing up. She was probably the first heart throb for many young men in my generation.

R.I.P. Annette and thank you for many fond boyhood memories. Your pain and suffering is ended.

Former Mouseketeer Annette Funicello dies at 70 - MSN TV News
    Annette was my first great infatuation. At night lying in bed in the dark, I would make up fights we had and then our reconciliation: tight hugs and smooches - this at age 9 or something. I'm still convinced she thought the same way about me from afar.

When I heard she died, I actually felt a tug at my heart and my eyes misted over with nostalgia for life past - and a real sense of being old when I learned she was 70.

AHhhhhhhhhh....Youth!

Life goes by like a bob-sled run... and you can't get off the sled...
    Jeanlouise and 84160 like this.

VIP Member
    I was surprised to hear of her passing.I knew she had MS but I thought it was pretty well controlled.

The 50-60's was such a great time to be alive. I feel sorry for everyone that missed them.
    84160, archer51 and msgt/ret like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

All of the above folks, all of the above. When I think back to those days of Annette and the Mickey Mouse Club, memories literally start flooding in. How about Davy Crockett (Fess Parker)? Did you get your coonskin hat? Ozzy and Harriet with Ricky doing his thing. Crazy Lucy and her gang. Sid Ceasar, et al. I (we all) could go on and on, until the early dawn. We were the last generation to know, if even for just a short time, a softer, somehow gentler world (that had just recently been hard fought for). No home computers. Huge table top phones, and in some places, old crank types still on the wall. Three channels tops on the tv. Going with the big brother or sister to the record shop to listen to the samples in the audio rooms.
    But, the outside world was vibrating on the edge of incredible change and we had absolutely no idea the maelstrom that awaited us. I'll always be thankful for the memories of what "used to be". Thanks Annette. Thanks Howdy. Thanks Duke. Thanks Roy and Dale. Happy Trails.
    Last edited by OldCavTrooper; April 13th, 2013 at 08:29 PM.

Links