How do you guys deal with know it all liberals?

This is a discussion on How do you guys deal with know it all liberals? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Any advice? Sent from my Torque...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: How do you guys deal with know it all liberals?

How do you guys deal with know it all liberals?

Any advice?

Sent from my Torque

2. Remove Ads

Same way I deal with "know it all conservatives". Just give them facts and don't use hyperbole or fear mongering. Understand if the person is just plain stupid or has in your mind an inaccurate premise. The former just don't even bother with (both sides of the spectrum), the latter, sit down and listen to their arguments and see if their evidence does not warrant a logical conclusion to their premise.

I do not use stupid examples like "what if your wife or daughter was raped", "what if your house was invaded". Those are visceral arguments meant to use fear and emotion to make a decision.....just like our POTUS..and all of the politicians before him!
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

don't.. my cousin is a bleeding heart "progressive" liberal from Chicago and all conversations with him revolve around his emotional and subjectively irrational points of view. He can be quoted as saying that he believes we all SHOULD pay more taxes, and we SHOULD pay to take care of those that wont take care of themselves.. to each according to their needs, and from each according to their ability... his comments border on communism/Marxism in their ideals.

I just walk away, and don't even go there.

Unless you are a politician and need to debate a liberal politician for a real purpose, you will NEVER change their mind about how they feel and how they see the world and how it should be in their minds.. no more than anyone could sway you. It is only through our own personal, and individual experiences that we must come to a different conclusion and change our state of thought on our own. Any other way is simply artificial, and hollow.

Good advice here. When I provide facts, they ignore them and go to the next flavor of the day.
    How do these people function?

Sent from my Torque

Avoid conversing with them at all cost. It's like trying to teach a pig to sing. It just wastes your time, wears you out, and frustrates the pig.
    Leviathan, WHEC724, Betty and 6 others like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Easy i walk away, i am old an do not suffer fools. I dont have to work anymore so i do not have to be politicly correct.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    The same way that I deal with know it all whining republicans, with the respect that they don't deserve.
    Last edited by AZJD1968; April 10th, 2013 at 08:21 AM.
    Stop whining and go make a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

I ignore them, it's best to look away and start talking to someone else when they start to spout nonsense.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Avoid conversing with them at all cost. It's like trying to teach a pig to sing. It just wastes your time, wears you out, and frustrates the pig.
    Gag 'em and bag 'em.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

John 3:16 Gettin' Old ain't for Sissies.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
    Any advice?

Sent from my Torque
    The more relevant question is how do they deal with me? Most of the time, they just disengage.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

From a moderate view. I back off and go to middle ground, once I have them saying Yeah, then I move a little farther. It seems to work, they will open there eyes and stare at you like a lost dog....No need to be mean, or dismissive with them..
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJ View Post
    d, and we SHOULD pay to take care of those that wont take care of themselves.. to each according to their needs, and from each according to their ability... his comments border on communism/Marxism in their ideals.
    \
    Ask him for money. He has it, you need it.
    Jeanlouise and Paymeister like this.

VIP Member
    If it's a true know-it-all, it's a lost cause, because know-it-alls already know-it-all, and they won't let little things like facts get in the way. They are filled to the rim with catchy phrases, doctored stats and bites they heard off tv talking heads, and aren't afraid to go fully auto on you with them. Like Piers Morgan.

I've opened the eyes of fence-sitters before, and don't mind friendly, intelligent debates with someone willing to absorb facts from both sides to come to an educated conclusion.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

For the most part a "know it all" anything is near impossible to deal with............. You should know that by now........... Just saying.............
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

If the fake eye twitching doesn't work, I look lovingly into their eyes while licking my lips, massaging my ears, and gyrating my hips. They usually concede the argument at that time.

Seriously, the best way is by not engaging in a debate like this until you've built a solid relationship with them - let them voice their opinions all they want, but don't engage. Then, once they've got it into their skulls that you're "normal," you can gradually let them know you're one of those people they call rabid bitter clingers. Let them twist their noodles around that paradox.
    gregnsc likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links