Treason...Again?!

This is a discussion on Treason...Again?! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I didn't want to distract another thread so I started this one. In a post about Bloomberg someone finished their post like this: He is ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By JoJoGunn
  • 2 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By onacoma

Thread: Treason...Again?!

Treason...Again?!

I didn't want to distract another thread so I started this one.

In a post about Bloomberg someone finished their post like this:

He is another politician that should be on death row for attempting to dismantle the constitution he swore to uphold, AKA treason.
    This is my say on the topic:
    Treason....again? What about any politician that has voted yes on any gun legislation such as banning automatic weapons, supporting mandatory training to get a CHL or CCP, voting to have to get a CHL or CCP to carry a weapon, supporting legislation requiring a NICS check when purchasing a weapon from an FFL,

Just curious where treason begins because IMO all of the above are against the 2A. What about the forum members here (expecially the ones still on active duty ) and ex military that swore an oath but support certain things like those mentioned above? Should they be tried with treason since I do not think the Founding Fathers would have approved of any of the things I mentioned above?

What is the difference except in the severity of ones views on limiting folks ability to carry and purchase weapons?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

2. Remove Ads

Most of these statements are made out of frustration I do believe. We seem to be tired of the Liberal types making every effort to trample upon our rights and be involved in every aspect of our lives by telling us how we should live and how not to live.

As for Treason, there are people who are committing it everyday but it is so subtle we hardly realize it. I think execution is the extreme when it comes to Treason. Julius and Ethel Rosenberg come to mind first and foremost and I don't know if that was the right decision but for the times, it seemed like it.

Our Lawmakers and Officials must adhere to their sworn duty to uphold the Constitution of the United States, but many of them don't. They are the one's who need to be gone from Public Service. Breaking a sworn oath is something that should result in removal from office but execution would really be going to the extreme.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    I'd be satisfied if all the elected officials who aren't upholding our constitutional rights and doubling down on spending/taxation were voted out of office in the next election.
    MJClark and shadowwalker like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    It's called the democratic process, where the people or their representatives vote for change. Treason would be voting against, losing, then staging a revolution to force the matter.

steffen likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I didn't want to distract another thread so I started this one.

In a post about Bloomberg someone finished their post like this:

This is my say on the topic:
    Treason....again? What about any politician that has voted yes on any gun legislation such as banning automatic weapons, supporting mandatory training to get a CHL or CCP, voting to have to get a CHL or CCP to carry a weapon, supporting legislation requiring a NICS check when purchasing a weapon from an FFL,

Just curious where treason begins because IMO all of the above are against the 2A. What about the forum members here (expecially the ones still on active duty ) and ex military that swore an oath but support certain things like those mentioned above? Should they be tried with treason since I do not think the Founding Fathers would have approved of any of the things I mentioned above?

What is the difference except in the severity of ones views on limiting folks ability to carry and purchase weapons?
    By the way, you aren't the one that derailed the last thread by bringing up treason.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Should they be tried with treason since I do not think the Founding Fathers would have approved of any of the things I mentioned above?
    Actually the treason started with the 17th Amendment to the Constitution!

So yes, all who have subverted the Constitution should be summarily executed, however since I am not King and the educational system has given us inbred lemurs as the populous! They shall have a stay of execution and continue to thrive by building the elitists government collective and sucking the life out of those who toil to provide for our families!

JMHO!
    packinnova likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    It's called the democratic process, where the people or their representatives vote for change. Treason would be voting against, losing, then staging a revolution to force the matter.

Are we not on that road today? The democratic process has failed because of a large group of legislators, backed by billionaires such as Soros, to be elected. The candidate that won the seat vacated by Jackson was funded by a $2 million campaign donation by Soros. Yes, the woman is anti gun and will be just another Obama lackey.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Governments have ONE legitimate purpose. That is to prevent or respond to the immoral initiation of force on others. Any other purpose is the beginning of the end IMO. Anyone going further than that is treasonous to all of man kind as far as I'm concerned.
    But then again, I'm not king so I can't fix it.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    Actually the treason started with the 17th Amendment to the Constitution!

So yes, all who have subverted the Constitution should be summarily executed, however since I am not King and the educational system has given us inbred lemurs as the populous! They shall have a stay of execution and continue to thrive by building the elitists government collective and sucking the life out of those who toil to provide for our families!

JMHO!
    I hate the 17th (and 16th) amendments. 1913 was not a good year for freedom.

Treason is an interesting concept in of it's self because it is not a measure of right or wrong in most cases, but a measure of doing something in opposition to a particular ruling party as they are the ones who would bring about charges... and let's face it, with a few exceptions, all of DC could be charged. However, I doubt that they will charge themselves.

Links