Help Identify This Toy from the 80s

This is a discussion on Help Identify This Toy from the 80s within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So this is kind of off topic, but I figured there have to be some guys here that could help me figure out what this ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By sparkykb
  • 3 Post By chuckusaret

Thread: Help Identify This Toy from the 80s

Help Identify This Toy from the 80s

So this is kind of off topic, but I figured there have to be some guys here that could help me figure out what this toy is.

I am thinking when I was like 10-12 years old my brother and I collected a whole fleet of these little airplanes. They came with larger airplanes that they would attach to. I am hoping there is someone out there in their 30s that could help me remember the name of these. Now that I am older and have money I am getting a kick out of rounding up toys I played with and watching my two sons play with them.

I tried a Google Image search but had not luck.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    That looks like one of the fighters from the original “Battlestar Galactica” series from the 1980s. You might try a search with Battlestar Galactica toys as a search string.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

That was one of the names I came across but the logo isn't right for Battlestar. I will check some more and see what they have for pics out there.

I remember the toy(s) your discribing..... I had a couple of 'em back in the mid-late 70's. Darn if I can't remember the name or the manufacturer. Got 'em at the five and dime store. Remember those..... the pre Wally-World years.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

It's from the Megaforce toy line. I didn't remember the name so I had to do a little google searching to figure it out but I instantly recognized the toy. The little jet you have is one of the small pieces that goes along with the much larger vehicles and base stations. Yours is a "bad guy" jet from the Triad side. I had pretty much the whole line up! They were AWESOME! I had forgotten about them pretty much until now!

I found this picture from searching the line. It has most of the bigger toys I was talking about.

Mega Force catalog 2 - a photo on Flickriver
    lionround likes this.

VIP Member
    Wow, nice pull sparky.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Well, I guess my kids were a little to old to be playing with those but i was playing with this in the 70's;
    Attached Images
    pistola, msgt/ret and NH_Esau like this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by sparkykb View Post
    It's from the Megaforce toy line. I didn't remember the name so I had to do a little google searching to figure it outMega Force catalog 2 - a photo on Flickriver
    The Google-Fu is strong with this one....
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    Well, I guess my kids were a little to old to be playing with those but i was playing with this in the 70's;

That's EZ. Huey w/twin 60s.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    I remember the toy(s) your discribing..... I had a couple of 'em back in the mid-late 70's. Darn if I can't remember the name or the manufacturer. Got 'em at the five and dime store. Remember those..... the pre Wally-World years.
    We had Woolworth's with a lunch counter in the Seattle area. From around 1970 or so there was Gov-Mart Bazarr. Huge discount store it was. A few years later Gov-Mart morphed into Whitefront. I believe it was K Mart that came next.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

I had pretty much the whole line of these toys when I was a kid. Parents still might have them stashed somewhere...

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Links