Sri Srinivasan, Supreme Court Justice? Obama Nominee Eyed As Potential SCOTUS Pick

Sri Srinivasan, Supreme Court Justice? Obama Nominee Eyed As Potential SCOTUS Pick

This is a discussion on Sri Srinivasan, Supreme Court Justice? Obama Nominee Eyed As Potential SCOTUS Pick within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; However, even before Srinivasan comes under Senate consideration, legal analysts are eyeing the 46-year-old as Obama's next pick for the high court. The real danger ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Sri Srinivasan, Supreme Court Justice? Obama Nominee Eyed As Potential SCOTUS Pick

However, even before Srinivasan comes under Senate consideration, legal analysts are eyeing the 46-year-old as Obama's next pick for the high court.

The real danger is he is only 46.... If appointed and confirmed he could conceivably be on the Supreme Court for around 40 years..........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    That's assuming one of the SCOTUS justices dies/retires before Jan 1017.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    That's my worst fear...that Obama will have the opportunity to pick another Supreme Court Judge. He'll be out in 2016 but the damage he can do will live on for decades.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member
    I don't understand the purpose of your posting. If you read about this fellow, he is endorsed by republicans and democrats. He has no particular polictical leanings and has been criticized by liberals for defending big businesses in some law suits. He sounds like he would make a good, impartial judge. What's your issue?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8upguy View Post
    I don't understand the purpose of your posting. If you read about this fellow, he is endorsed by republicans and democrats. He has no particular polictical leanings and has been criticized by liberals for defending big businesses in some law suits. He sounds like he would make a good, impartial judge. What's your issue?
    This for starters:

"Srinivasan, who is forty-six years old, is currently the Obama Administration’s principal deputy solicitor general. He’s had twenty or so arguments in the Supreme Court, including part of the Administration’s attack on the Defense of Marriage Act last month".

Any Obama appointee is going to be marching in lock step with Obama...you can count on that.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Anybody Obama would pick will not be impartial, or politically neutral. You can look at every other pick he has made during his presidency, and you will see the pattern. Remember, not everybody shows their true colors until they have power.
    Certified Infidel

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    This for starters:

"Srinivasan, who is forty-six years old, is currently the Obama Administration’s principal deputy solicitor general. He’s had twenty or so arguments in the Supreme Court, including part of the Administration’s attack on the Defense of Marriage Act last month".

Any Obama appointee is going to be marching in lock step with Obama...you can count on that.
    I'm sorry I can't count on that. I see different senarios. There is nothing in this man's past that will indicate that he will be anything less that impartial. As for the argument against DOMA, I agree with that. In this case he was doing his job, as any attorney would representing his client, which happens to be the president. As a judge, I'm sure he will do his job and weigh the evidence presented to him without bias.
    BigJon10125 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    What's your issue?
    I am at the point that any judge appointed by President Obama is suspect. His views are so different than mine, that any nominee of his is going to have to be proved to be competent.

I am cleaning my Sig right now....just trying to keep it 2A
    Last edited by suntzu; April 11th, 2013 at 09:37 AM. Reason: IBTL
    Jeanlouise and thephanatik like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Funny-there were the same discussions and reactions to every Supreme Court Justice appointed in the last 50 years. As to being proved competent, their lives are pretty well dissected and place under a magnifying glass in full public view during their confirmation hearings.

The justices are independent and have been known to make judgements based on constitutional merits.
    Chief Justice Roberts signals that Supreme Court remains independent - Los Angeles Times

VIP Member
    I'm sorry I can't count on that. I see different senarios. There is nothing in this man's past that will indicate that he will be anything less that impartial. As for the argument against DOMA, I agree with that. In this case he was doing his job, as any attorney would representing his client, which happens to be the president. As a judge, I'm sure he will do his job and weigh the evidence presented to him without bias.
    Well, I'm not sure at all. Obama is fervently campaigning for stricter gun control as we speak. He's not going to nominate a Judge that has different views than his. It's not that this guy isn't competent, it's his interpretation of the laws that will count.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrike6 View Post
    Anybody Obama would pick will not be impartial, or politically neutral. You can look at every other pick he has made during his presidency, and you will see the pattern. Remember, not everybody shows their true colors until they have power.
    You're right. David Souter certainly didn't.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Well, I'm not sure at all. Obama is fervently campaigning for stricter gun control as we speak. He's not going to nominate a Judge that has different views than his. It's not that this guy isn't competent, it's his interpretation of the laws that will count.
    Well, let's agree to disagree. I've enjoyed your posts in the past and I'm sure I will continue to do so in the future. For now...I'm going to the range.

VIP Member
    Well, let's agree to disagree. I've enjoyed your posts in the past and I'm sure I will continue to do so in the future. For now...I'm going to the range.
    Absolutely! I like good discussions, it makes things interesting and sometimes I even change my mind.

Any relation to OBL or Pakistan............?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links