Cell phone weapon?

Cell phone weapon?

This is a discussion on Cell phone weapon? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Guy in California gets thrown to the ground for refusing to stop recording the Police. They were giving him a citation for smoking in public. ...

Thread: Cell phone weapon?

Cell phone weapon?

Guy in California gets thrown to the ground for refusing to stop recording the Police. They were giving him a citation for smoking in public.

He poked them a little, but calling a Cell phone a weapon is excessive.

Watch the Police Attack and Arrest a Man for Recording Them with a Cell Phone Camera - http://pulse.me/s/kvzZF

Sent from blah blah blah....

Are Kalifornian's gonna wait until the state of Kommiefornia starts taxing them for the air they breathe??

I really can't say/type my true feelings here since I don't want more points. I can't say for Cali since I don't live in that rat hole. In WA where I live it is legal to record cops regardless of what cops might tell you.

Sure I think the guy was excessively baiting the cop. If you wanna video the cops going bat crap crazy on a citizen do it covertly!!!
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Many people have been arrested for recording cops.
    Most of the charges end up getting thrown out.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------ George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

Land of the Free, not anymore.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Ridiculous.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Welcome to the "new and improved" America...........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I long for the olden days when those dirty Reds were America's Enemy Number 1. Hippies hadn't been invented yet and a policeman was still your friend.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    First off, there is such as thing as cell phone guns. Google it. So far, they are mostly in England.

Next, Shreveport Police fatally shot a man holding a silver cell phone like a gun. This was after a six mile chase. One needs to watch the car cam of the threat and the shooting.

Shooting of marquise hudspeth | Free Video Clips | SPIKE

Shreveport Police Officer Involved Shooting - Hudspeth
    Cell phones are very dangerous.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Although I can't say that I'd handle it the same, I see nothing wrong with what the cop did. Anything can be a dangerous instrument and while conducting police business, to approach and allow anyone to hold a similar object can be tactically disadvantageous.

I handled a call where a kid smashed his brother with a cell phone, leaving a gash requiring stitches above his eye. Felony assault. Stuff happens.

Someone could be holding a pen or a book, and I may give a similar order. The man was observing a right only at the moment it wasn't HIS right to disobey a lawful order. The filming wasn't the offense, the refusal to relinquish what was perceived to be a dangerous instrument was. The man's vehement disagreement doesn't make him right.

The officer gave the order to put the phone away and stated his purpose for the request. Agree with his motives or not, but it's a lawful order under the circumstances as the man was the subject of police activity and was therefore obstructing governmental administration by refusing.

Had it been a third party witness to the event recording, the cop would have no authority or excuse to take similar action.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
    first off, there is such as thing as cell phone guns. Google it. So far, they are mostly in england.

Next, shreveport police fatally shot a man holding a silver cell phone like a gun. This was after a six mile chase. One needs to watch the car cam of the threat and the shooting.

shooting of marquise hudspeth | free video clips | spike

shreveport police officer involved shooting - hudspeth
    cell phones are very dangerous.
    psg, wsp.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    There are currently cell phone tasers and cell phone firearms. If the officer is feeling that it is threat, you might want to take that seriously. Most of the police just want to make it home every night, they are not trying to be jerks, but there are people that want to harm them. He has no idea that phone was not a threat, after the person refused to put it down, it becomes more likely it might be a threat. Set the phone down will it continues to record. Deescalate the situation.

Links