No it is not censorship — just PC run amuck

This is a discussion on No it is not censorship — just PC run amuck within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Senator Christopher Murphy Press Release of Senator Murphy MURPHY CALLS ON MURDOCH, FOX TO CANCEL COVERAGE OF NRA 500 Thursday, April 11, 2013 WASHINGTON—U.S. Chris ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By msgt/ret
  • 1 Post By rwponline

Thread: No it is not censorship — just PC run amuck

VIP Member

No it is not censorship — just PC run amuck

Senator Christopher Murphy

Press Release of Senator Murphy

MURPHY CALLS ON MURDOCH, FOX TO CANCEL COVERAGE OF NRA 500

Thursday, April 11, 2013

WASHINGTON—U.S. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) today sent a letter to Rupert Murdoch, chairman and CEO of News Corporation, urging him not to broadcast the NASCAR NRA 500 race on Fox Sports. Fox Sports, which is owned by News Corporation, plans to air the race next week as a part of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.

SNIP
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    So he is now the self appointed keeper of the First Amendment. He gets to decide what is broadcast and what is not.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    For what it cost for TV rights to broadcast a NASCAR race, you can bet your sweet bippy it will be on the air as scheduled. He might as well asked that the Super Bowl not be broadcast.
    gregnsc likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Just more political stupidity run amuck, maybe next we should cancel all races since cars cause DUIs.
    Nmuskier likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Political correctness is so tiresome. The backlash is bound to happen soon. I can't wait.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

I'm pretty sure,he won't have a whole lot of luck,trying to get Fox,to not broadcast a Nascar race,which they shouldn't.On top of that,this idiot must not be familiar with Nascar at all.Could you even imagine Fox doing that,and then having to explain why,to a bunch of ill Nascar fans?

VIP Member
    Remember this is this guy, Sen. Chris Murphy, who asked, “when will politicians find courage to ban automatic weapons?”

I'm sure we all know the answer. However for a well writen answer see:

The Volokh Conspiracy » ?When Will Politicians Find Courage to Ban Automatic Weapons??

“When Will Politicians Find Courage to Ban Automatic Weapons?”

Eugene Volokh • April 12, 2013 5:56 pm

The answer to this question is pretty much 1986 (whether that’s a matter of “courage” or not), when automatic weapons — i.e., machineguns — were largely banned. There is an exception for pre-1986 automatic weapons, of which there are relatively few, since they have been heavily taxed since the 1930s. As a result, automatic weapons are very expensive, hard to get legally, and banned outright in many jurisdictions. Those grandfathered weapons are almost never used in violent crime.

SNIP
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Here's a fun exercise for a rainy day:

Dust off your copy of the book "1984", and replace 'thoughtspeak' with 'political correctness.' Scary.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rwponline View Post
    Here's a fun exercise for a rainy day:

Dust off your copy of the book "1984", and replace 'thoughtspeak' with 'political correctness.' Scary.
    I re-read 1984 last year and you're right. So much of it is looking all too familiar.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Way too far. I mean, I don't get NASCAR at all. But totally beyond the pale, regardless.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    It's easy . . . if the tracks didn't keep turning left, the cars would disappear outta sight. Now hockey, on the other hand . . .
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Just more political stupidity run amuck, maybe next we should cancel all races since cars cause DUIs.
    I've never seen a drunken car or truck. What do the cops look for?? Bleary headlights??? Excessive exhaust due to skunky gas?
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

They should have spent the money on a few more politicians instead of a NASCAR race. I mean, the whole race they turn left. That can't be a good sign.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    They should have spent the money on a few more politicians instead of a NASCAR race. I mean, the whole race they turn left. That can't be a good sign.
    Then they should all just turn around. Then they'd all just be turning to the right. Frankly I'd rather watch Demolition Derby or a tractor pull or Redneck girls blowing up stuff with Tannerite.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Links