Sacrilege? LOL

This is a discussion on Sacrilege? LOL within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Anyone consider this an abomination? LOL! A Remington 1911 mated to Colt Gold Cup grips. I like it! IT'S ALIVE!!! LOL! I like the looks ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Sacrilege? LOL

Sacrilege? LOL

Anyone consider this an abomination? LOL! A Remington 1911 mated to Colt Gold Cup grips. I like it! IT'S ALIVE!!! LOL! I like the looks of the Colt Gold Cup but that's too rich for my blood right now. I paid $600 for the Remy. Not quite the same but works for me. What do you guys think?
    Attached Images
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

2. Remove Ads

I like the look. Well done!

it looks great, but it is a bastardization!
    IsaiahM33 likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Maverick wheels on a Pinto.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Hey ole buddy I used to drive a 71 Pinto. But that's neither here nor there.

For the OP that wouldn't be a Rem R1 would it? There's a guy here just bought one. He's thinkin' now he's got a $600 boat anchor.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

LOL! Nice observations! Smh!
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post

For the OP that wouldn't be a Rem R1 would it? There's a guy here just bought one. He's thinkin' now he's got a $600 boat anchor.
    Boat anchor? Why would mating Colt Grips to the Remington give him that impression?

Quote Originally Posted by IsaiahM33 View Post
    Boat anchor? Why would mating Colt Grips to the Remington give him that impression?
    That wasn't the issue for him. The R1 he ended up with was plenty shy of QC.

FTF's were biggest prob he had. Best he could make was 4 shot strings then a FTF. I feel for the guy. I'd be heartsick to drop that much change into a 1911 only to end up with a $600+ boat anchor/paperweight.

My bad. My post made no mention of fine grips. Fancy Colt grips were not his issue.
    Last edited by NONAME762; April 18th, 2013 at 04:34 AM.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    Kinda like putting a Ford engine in a Chevy.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    That wasn't the issue for him. The R1 he ended up with was plenty shy of QC.
    Sorry to hear that. I haven't taken mine to the range yet. Looks great. Here's hoping it performs.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Kinda like putting a Ford engine in a Chevy.
    And why NOT put a Ford motor in a Chevy?? Then your Chevy would have some class Old Timer!!

I'd figure a way to put a Remington symbol of some sort into the medallion mounting.

That strikes me as odd as putting Camaro badges on a Mustang.
    Anyone Worth Shooting Is Worth Shooting Well
    Please take a look at my Blog: http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/

If I could find some Remington medallions, I'd put them on there. However, I don't really want to spend $50 on some Remington grips just to remove the medallions. Surely someone out there knows where to get them.

Range report: It fed round nose 230 grain Speer Lawman like a champ. The Speer 200 grain +p Gold Dot HP? Not so much. 2 missfeeds out of 20 rounds. Midway through the first CMC PowerMag and midway through the second mag as well. There isn't any play at all in the slide to frame fit. Maybe needs breaking in? I thought that was "other people's" 1911's! My Colts and RIA's have never needed to be broken in. Oh well. It was bound to happen....or maybe this Remy just didn't like that ammo?

Guess I shouldn't have been El Cheapo today and tried out more brands of ammo. (Sigh...)

By the way, my new gen 4 Glock 19 performed flawlessly WITH 115 grain HP UPC ammo. My little Kahr CM9 also played the role of champ today. I have to say it actually had less felt recoil than the Glock 19 with the same ammo. VERY surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by IsaiahM33 View Post
    Look Bro...I don't know how your brain works. I am not a brain surgeon nor do I play one on TV. The individual I spoke of had many many FTF. His best experience with one magazine was a string of 4 rounds back to back till 5th round had a FTF. I wish he would come in here and give you his official low down on the Remington R1 he recently purchased. He had somewhat better luck with 2 Wilson Combat Mags. Must be the magazine equivilent of Wilson Antenna's for CB's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links