Neighbor Gave Me a New Target

This is a discussion on Neighbor Gave Me a New Target within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My neighbor was doing some spring cleaning and found a nice target that he gave to me. So this afternoon I had to shoot a ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: Neighbor Gave Me a New Target

My neighbor was doing some spring cleaning and found a nice target that he gave to me. So this afternoon I had to shoot a few 22LR with my Ruger Mark III 22/45 Target Pistol. This was at 45 feet away.

130420-01.jpg 130420-Ruger Mark III 22-45.jpg 130420-03.jpg

I really like this pistol, but it is one pain in the *** to take apart. So I just use Birchwood Casey Gun Scrubber to clean and a light coat of RemOil to lube. And for the bore I use a BoreSnake with some Venom cleaner the front and a little Hoppes #9 oil at the end.

130420-02.jpg

Sorry Tony, I was actually aiming for Bill.

Ruger MkIII pistols are easy to take apart, just a pain to re-assemble. Most rimfires get over-cleaned anyway as more are damaged from rods & brushes than wear & residue.
    I was once a VP for the world's largest supplier of NASCAR Collectibles. I also know some serious Coca Cola collectors. There's still a sticker on that faux hood that reads "PLEASE REMOVE PROTECTIVE COVER" so I can only guess the condition was as-new. A quick check showed some like it selling on EBAY. You could have just as easily targeted Grant's head...on a crisp $50.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

$50

Maybe with a little bondo work I can still target Andrew Jackson

If you're talking about the new $20 bill, it looks more like Keith Richards to me.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

A real long time ago I had an AMT Lightning in SS setup exactly like that Ruger. Why did I sell it???
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I can't believe a southern boy would shoot at that. You must be one of those ex-yankees who escaped south.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Links