Neighbor Gave Me a New Target

This is a discussion on Neighbor Gave Me a New Target within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My neighbor was doing some spring cleaning and found a nice target that he gave to me. So this afternoon I had to shoot a ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: Neighbor Gave Me a New Target

My neighbor was doing some spring cleaning and found a nice target that he gave to me. So this afternoon I had to shoot a few 22LR with my Ruger Mark III 22/45 Target Pistol. This was at 45 feet away.

130420-01.jpg 130420-Ruger Mark III 22-45.jpg 130420-03.jpg

I really like this pistol, but it is one pain in the *** to take apart. So I just use Birchwood Casey Gun Scrubber to clean and a light coat of RemOil to lube. And for the bore I use a BoreSnake with some Venom cleaner the front and a little Hoppes #9 oil at the end.

130420-02.jpg

Sorry Tony, I was actually aiming for Bill.

Ruger MkIII pistols are easy to take apart, just a pain to re-assemble. Most rimfires get over-cleaned anyway as more are damaged from rods & brushes than wear & residue.
    I was once a VP for the world's largest supplier of NASCAR Collectibles. I also know some serious Coca Cola collectors. There's still a sticker on that faux hood that reads "PLEASE REMOVE PROTECTIVE COVER" so I can only guess the condition was as-new. A quick check showed some like it selling on EBAY. You could have just as easily targeted Grant's head...on a crisp $50.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

$50

Maybe with a little bondo work I can still target Andrew Jackson

If you're talking about the new $20 bill, it looks more like Keith Richards to me.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

A real long time ago I had an AMT Lightning in SS setup exactly like that Ruger. Why did I sell it???
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I can't believe a southern boy would shoot at that. You must be one of those ex-yankees who escaped south.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Sponsored Links