Dad's story....

This is a discussion on Dad's story.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; When my father was first married in 1966, he was working in the parts department in his father's Chevrolet dealership. He knew a customer who ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By deafdave3
  • 1 Post By JohnHancock

Thread: Dad's story....

Dad's story....

When my father was first married in 1966, he was working in the parts department in his father's Chevrolet dealership. He knew a customer who had a handgun. The only reason he really wanted it was because it was a "small" handgun and wanted to protect his home with his new bride. So, he traded a set of spark plugs for it. Now, he has a handgun to protect his family!!! Imagine his disappointment a few months later when Mom tells him to sell the handgun to put up curtains in their new house. With a heavy heart, he sold it, just enough for curtains.

Ten years later, in a nice house with curtains, he and Grandpa go to a gun show. Lo and behold, he finds his small handgun that the damn curtains stole! He was shocked and appalled at the price! This gun he sold in 1966, just enough to fund some curtains is now worth $4,000!?!? He looked up to his father and said, "I'm going to burn those damn curtains." Knowing my Dad, he probably immediately wrote down the serial number, make, model, everything about it; he is going to do research on it. He asked the dealer why its worth so much. The dealer told him its a ......

German Party Leader PPK.

So, he shrugged his shoulders and walked off. Of course, he did his research. Found out everything he can about German Party Leaders. Every day, every week, every month since 1976, he researched and looked for that same gun. That very gun, in which he kept the serial number.

And he's still looking.....

The serial number is "185091K", if any out there has any special.... "connections".
    NONAME762 likes this.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

2. Remove Ads

If it is what he thinks it was........ Good luck on ever finding one and hope he can afford the price..............
    Rare Pre-War Walther "Nazi Party Leader" Model PPK with "Dr. Rudolf Schunicke" Inscribed Pre-War Party Leader Leather Holster
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Great true story DeafDave!!!!!

Somebody should be writing this stuff down.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

John 3:16 Gettin' Old ain't for Sissies.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Distinguished Member
    Poor Dad. At least he has a good story to tell.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

In the immortal words of Ralph Kramden, "OOOPH!"
    deafdave3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    If it is what he thinks it was........ Good luck on ever finding one and hope he can afford the price..............
    Rare Pre-War Walther "Nazi Party Leader" Model PPK with "Dr. Rudolf Schunicke" Inscribed Pre-War Party Leader Leather Holster
    Yep. That's it. I'd like to have one, too.
    Attached Images
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Links