I just can’t decide who I am madder at…

This is a discussion on I just can’t decide who I am madder at… within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; …Myself or my sister. Wife and I took a trip to visit family and spent 3 days with my sister. Sis is not an anti, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: I just can’t decide who I am madder at…

I just can’t decide who I am madder at…

…Myself or my sister. Wife and I took a trip to visit family and spent 3 days with my sister. Sis is not an anti, but she is also not what you would call really gun savvy. She knows I carry and the first two days there she kept pestering me to let her see my Glock. I finally gave in and took out the Glock. I dropped the mag and cleared the chamber, I then checked and rechecked that the gun was empty and handed it to her. She looked at it for a few seconds, turned it and pointed it at my chest, smiled, and pulled the trigger! This all happened quicker than a greased fart! I was stunned! I grabbed the Glock from her and told her that if it had been loaded they would have been planning my going away party. Sis did what sis always does when she is wrong and knows it, she started crying. I put the gun away and left the room, I was mad enough to chew nails. Wife saw all this, but it happened so fast she did not know what had happened until I got mad.

The kicker? Later that night we took her and her SO out to dinner. Over dinner she mentioned that she had out shot her SO in some arcade game and he ask how she could out shoot him… Sis replied “I grew up with guns, what can I say?”

I did learn to never show my Glock, or any gun for that matter, to anyone! Ever!

2. Remove Ads

Same thing happened to me. Maybe you should of taught her about gun safety first before you handed her the gun? I wish I would have talked to my sister before showing her my gun too. Good thing it was unloaded! haha...

Sounds like maybe one of two things. Either she knows a lil more than you think she does and watched you very carefully as you checked and rechecked the gun and was for sure it was empty and just messing with you. Still a very dangerous thing to do though.

Or you have rich ancestors and shes looking to up her inheritance by getting you out of the way
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Geez Louise that woulda made me madder than all get out!! I would have had half a mind to smack her across the face hard enuf to draw blood. Just damn glad it wasn't me.

My Sister knows I own guns. She lives in a large metro area of 1.5M+. It's been a standard rule of mine to always carry when in that town. I'm always armed when I go there for a visit. She does not know this.

You must have an incredible constitution Joe. Everything being equal I would have gotten drunk or at least poured 4 or 5 fingers and basically shotguned it. I'll tell ya this...I'd still be madder than a soaking wet cat and NO WAY NO HOW would I have taken her and her SO out for supper that night!!

Your sister is lucky.

Always carry, Never tell.
    Last edited by NONAME762; April 21st, 2013 at 09:36 AM.
    031131 likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    Glad you're still here to tell the story Trucker! My sister won't touch my gun because according to her, "guns kill".

Well, heck yeah they do...if you point it at someone and pull the trigger.

Thank God you did a good job unloading it.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by TruckerJoe View Post
    …Myself or my sister. Wife and I took a trip to visit family and spent 3 days with my sister. Sis is not an anti, but she is also not what you would call really gun savvy. She knows I carry and the first two days there she kept pestering me to let her see my Glock. I finally gave in and took out the Glock. I dropped the mag and cleared the chamber, I then checked and rechecked that the gun was empty and handed it to her. She looked at it for a few seconds, turned it and pointed it at my chest, smiled, and pulled the trigger! This all happened quicker than a greased fart! I was stunned! I grabbed the Glock from her and told her that if it had been loaded they would have been planning my going away party. Sis did what sis always does when she is wrong and knows it, she started crying. I put the gun away and left the room, I was mad enough to chew nails. Wife saw all this, but it happened so fast she did not know what had happened until I got mad.

The kicker? Later that night we took her and her SO out to dinner. Over dinner she mentioned that she had out shot her SO in some arcade game and he ask how she could out shoot him… Sis replied “I grew up with guns, what can I say?”

I did learn to never show my Glock, or any gun for that matter, to anyone! Ever!
    Wow! My wife did the exact same thing when I presented her with her new S&W revolver. Thankfully I always unload all firearms before I allow anyone to handle um. I just took it outta her hand and shook my head. I told her how wrong that was, and she said she realized how wrong it was after she pulled the trigger and apologized. We both learned a valuable lesson that day.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    The first rule of guns never point them in a bad direction . When i hand my guns to my wife i go into a two minute talk about pointing and clearing the gun and other safety issues . I am glad for you this did not turn in a worse situation.

Always carry never tell. I dont even tell some of my family that I carry. They just cant comprehend the aspects of carrying a gun. Glad you had the smarts to clear it and your ok. Another reason I prefer concealed. Stay safe.
    NONAME762 likes this.

Dang!

I'd probably have "pistol whipped" her myself. Just kidding, I wouldn't, but anyone doing that to me would deserve it.

My first rule if I ever show anyone my firearm is to make certain before they handle it they know not to point it at me. Too many times people have no clue how to actually do that.

What your sister did is inexcusable. She sounds like the type that truly does not need a firearm if handling them the way you describe.

Either that or take her to a range and train her in saftey as rough as R. Lee Ermey in "Full Metal Jacket." Maybe that would hammer home the reasons why not to point guns at things unless you intend to shoot it.
    Last edited by JoJoGunn; April 21st, 2013 at 06:04 PM.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I've seen R Lee Ermey in a few movies. Too bad HBO didn't peg him for Band of Brothers. He would have been clearly outstanding. HUA.

In Apocalypse Now he was a gunship pilot when they made that 20 ship attack on that Cong Ville.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    My sisters would never have done that because they know I'd have knocked the snot out of them.
    atctimmy and NONAME762 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    In many states intentionally pointing a weapon at someone is a crime (misdemeanor). Georgia, for instance:

O.C.G.A. § 16-11-102
    Pointing or aiming gun or pistol at another

A person is guilty of a misdemeanor when he intentionally and without legal justification points or aims a gun or pistol at another, whether the gun or pistol is loaded or unloaded.

Her "joke" could have landed her on the wrong side of the law, depending on where this occurred. Might want to bring that to her attention. Along with the "I thought it was unloaded, I didn't mean to kill him" defense. That one typically saves the defendant from a first degree murder to a manslaughter charge, depending the jurisdiction.

Sorry man. Family can be tough sometimes, eh?
    031131 likes this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    With all the gun "play" on TV she may never have truely thought about gun safety. You are justified in your feelings but she realized she did something wrong. Set down with her and tell her what she did wrong as well as why it was wrong. Now as a way of soothing things over why not offer to set her up with a gun safety course and pay for it for her. Even if she has had some sort of gun training before she may need a refresher. Use this opportunity to teach her about gun safety.

Bad deal.... due to ignorence me thinks. Invite her to the range and take the opprotunity to teach lil' sis gun safety and the basics. Something good can come outta that. She obviously needs to know.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

pain retains No excuse for an adult to be so dang stupid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links