Poll: Your Favorite Type of Lunch/Sandwich Meat?

This is a discussion on Poll: Your Favorite Type of Lunch/Sandwich Meat? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A very important decision that many of us have to make every day...remember, in a world of compromise, some men don't....

View Poll Results: Favorite Type of Lunch Meat

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roast Beef/ Bison

34 26.98%
  • Turkey

37 29.37%
  • Ham (inc. prosciutto or anything else that comes from a big)

43 34.13%
  • Chicken

7 5.56%
  • Something from a can (ie Spam)

4 3.17%
  • Meat is murder! I'm a vegan!

1 0.79%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Poll: Your Favorite Type of Lunch/Sandwich Meat?

Poll: Your Favorite Type of Lunch/Sandwich Meat?

A very important decision that many of us have to make every day...remember, in a world of compromise, some men don't.
    NONAME762 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Roast Beef,Turkey, Ham

All of the above should have been in the poll....If it slows down long enough for me to get a fork in it, Ill eat it...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    All of the above should have been in the poll....If it slows down long enough for me to get a fork in it, Ill eat it...
    A friend of mine takes a similar approach to his dating life...

Prosciutto, Capicola are my favorite. But any smoked meat that has been smoked the right way i will gladly eat in a sandwich.

Prefer non white meat. My turkey sandwich got to room temp today before I took a bite and I about puked... Love sandwiches that can be hot or cold (pastrami, RB, etc)
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

This +1
    Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people.

Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I'm afraid to be violent!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Nothing beats a fried Spam sandwich with spicy mustard. A can of Spam will last forever, and so will you after eating it.
    revldm likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Pickleloaf, mayo on fresh white bread. Yum, yum...
    oldnfat likes this.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Cool

Well HB..take this with all my good intentions but... My meat absolutely needs to be stationary or I AIN'T EATIN' IT!!!

Roast beef, Chicken and Ham my 1st 3 choices.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

John 3:16 Gettin' Old ain't for Sissies.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Distinguished Member
    Good old Vienna sausage and pork and beans. That's a good lunch. Add some chips and a Pepsi and you're set. I think they probably have all three meats in them. Beef, pork, chicken. My personal fav is the smoked variety.
    OldVet and RT like this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Nothing beats a fried Spam sandwich with spicy mustard. A can of Spam will last forever, and so will you after eating it.
    Spam??

SPAM???

Of course that's why I like you in the first place OV...you're just such a total nut jub!!!!!

My step dad loved fried Spam instead of ham with his eggs and toast for breakfast. TBT I do NOT stock SPAM as part of my reserve foods.
    BigJon10125 likes this.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Spam is perhaps the most disgusting "food" I have ever encountered. Canned meat just sounds wrong
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    Spam??

SPAM???

Of course that's why I like you in the first place OV...you're just such a total nut jub!!!!!

My step dad loved fried Spam instead of ham with his eggs and toast for breakfast. TBT I do NOT stock SPAM as part of my reserve foods.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Spam is perhaps the most disgusting "food" I have ever encountered. Canned meat just sounds wrong
    Spam, Vienna Sausages, and Beenie Weenies will outlive cockroaches when the end of the world comes. All go great on those 1950s survival crackers stored in old bomb shelters.
    goldshellback likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    I've got maybe 1 or 2 cans of Spam on hand as I type this. For the last 4 days I've been chowing down on this wonderfully juicy Rare Angus Roast Beef.

As a rule I just don't get meat like this. This Angus meat was a fluke to be sure. I shop at the Grocery Outlet. GO has a 'meat counter' but it's a far cry from say a Safeway or Albertson's or even a Haggen's (I DON'T shop at Haggen's). Just the same I can deal with it. I love my Grocery Outlet store and have shopped at 6 other GO's from one county north to 3 counties south of my AO. Each is individually owned and operated. But regardless of how their store layout is set up one thing major makes Grocery Outlet stand out among all other grocery stores. Value!! Prices!! Save 30-50 PERCENT from 'normal' grocery store prices. I kid you NOT. My GO does sell Spam. Just not to me as a rule.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links