Nearly there...

Nearly there...

This is a discussion on Nearly there... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; OK, here are the kitchen pics I promised. We got the new doors ordered (free of charge) and the correct crown molding is on the ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By PEF
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By ksholder
  • 1 Post By JoJoGunn

Thread: Nearly there...

VIP Member

Nearly there...

OK, here are the kitchen pics I promised. We got the new doors ordered (free of charge) and the correct crown molding is on the way. We are still waiting for the correct cabinet above the range and as soon as I have that the microwave will get installed.

We have just a few touch ups with drywall still but we are almost finished.

Pics, as promised:
    old...
    541412_3892039599527_881933026_n.jpg
    581855_3892046959711_365658329_n.jpg

new
    935128_4093662559975_1605246167_n.jpg
    923465_4093663399996_980078252_n.jpg
    934924_4093663039987_1613360199_n.jpg
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

VIP Member
    This last part is going to be a pantry on the left and a desk on the right. We will have a big sliding barn door over the pantry and it will slide right and cover the desk to access the pantry.

528313_4093665160040_110335894_n.jpg

The barn door is from our barn and it just needs a little TLC before we install it.

179022_3981499555970_593917738_n.jpg

ETA: Notice my old ashtray next to the door. It is a 76mm 53 caliber naval gun shell casing. The same used on s Sherman tank late in WW2.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

VIP Member
    Much nicer Timmy! I like the way it opened up! In our house the kitchen opens up in the family room and that's were we spend most our time.

As for your contractor woes, when I was in Ohio we had a contractor finish our basement. The six week schedule turned into twelve weeks.

In your earlier thread when you described your contractor as being very good but slow and over budget, I thought "That's a typical contractor." I refrained from posting that, though, because it seemed like you were in a funk and it would have been a bit cruel.
    atctimmy and NONAME762 like this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

What a sweet guy you are PEF.

Your old kitchen seemed very busy. Your new kitchen is very Montana like. Wide open spaces...very nice.

I trust you did not relegate that fine floor lamp to the Recycle Bin? My old floor lamp broke... I'm a huge fan of indirect lighting.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Can't you just wait until the next project! Nice.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Beautiful Timmy! I love the openness! It's definitely worth the wait and aggravation. The cabinets a really nice. Are they Maple?
    Are you going to put knobs and pulls on them?
    You're so lucky that you get good light into that whole area! That's the one thing we don't get because of porch overhangs.

Having the computer in the kitchen is very convenient. That's where mine is and I love it there.

Good job! I bet your wife can't wait to get back to "normal" in the kitchen.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Looks great Timmy. Hope you enjoy it.
    atctimmy likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Looks great, I will want to see a pic of the barn door when installed, my wife really wants to do the same thing when we remodel our master bedroom and bathroom.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

It does indeed look like a good transformation. Hopefully you haven't spent too much over budget, but at least you have something a bit nicer.

Keeping up the ol' Homestead will be an ongoing project, remember not to let things go too long once they start going bad, it takes more to repair a neglected thing than to fix it before it becomes a nightmare.

Jo Jo is praying that your place will be a Haven of Peace, Tranquility and Beauty!
    atctimmy likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Beautiful Timmy! I love the openness! It's definitely worth the wait and aggravation. The cabinets a really nice. Are they Maple?
    Are you going to put knobs and pulls on them?
    You're so lucky that you get good light into that whole area! That's the one thing we don't get because of porch overhangs.

Having the computer in the kitchen is very convenient. That's where mine is and I love it there.

Good job! I bet your wife can't wait to get back to "normal" in the kitchen.
    Yes, maple and yes, pulls. I'm in no rush to start drilling though. I need a week or two of rest from this project and then I'll put the pulls on.
    My wife owns the kitchen desk, she planted her flag there and I'm not going to argue. She will keep her laptop on there most of the time. I still have the old computer desk as my hangout.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Looks great, I will want to see a pic of the barn door when installed, my wife really wants to do the same thing when we remodel our master bedroom and bathroom.
    Wilco.

Links