Site growth

This is a discussion on Site growth within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; By my estimation the registered membership of this site has grown by about 12% since Newtown. That's a pretty healthy increase relative the overall timeline ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By bigmacque
  • 1 Post By phreddy

Thread: Site growth

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar

Site growth

By my estimation the registered membership of this site has grown by about 12% since Newtown. That's a pretty healthy increase relative the overall timeline of this site.

I know it's just me and my own paranoia, but at least some of those new posters are not really on the side of gun ownership, or pro 2A at all. I don't like being suspicious of newbies just because I'm suspicious, but I would caution posters to use common sense, courtesy, and at least a fair dose of discernment as they respond to new posters that begin in-depth topics, particularly ones that center around potential legal questions. Nothing wrong with asking an opinion about this gun or that, or this holster or that one, or even ammo and where to shoot and how to shoot stuff. But when a relatively new poster begins a topic that speaks to the legality or rationale of carrying in particular situations or for particular reasons, I for one drop to a quietly defensive position on this board.

But that's just me .....
    Jeanlouise and msgt/ret like this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

2. Remove Ads

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    I have seen a few new posters with first posts that were suspicious since Newtown. For the most part, the responses were all legal and right in line with the overall philosophy of the board. I was impressed. This board has a great group of members.
    bigmacque likes this.

Aw shucks Phreddy you didn't have ta say that...all the same I'm abliged to ya fer sayin'.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    With the Obama-promoted interest in guns, it's only natural that folks would want more info to go with it. So here they come!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links