We have missed the boat on some very disturbing things ..

This is a discussion on We have missed the boat on some very disturbing things .. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I sat down to read the newspaper and have my coffee this morning. Headlines Read - More than 2/3 of our High School kids have ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: We have missed the boat on some very disturbing things ..

We have missed the boat on some very disturbing things ..

I sat down to read the newspaper and have my coffee this morning. Headlines Read -

More than 2/3 of our High School kids have failed the State mandated Math test to graduate high school ...... 15K of 22K or 68% were just informed they Fail at basic Math to earn a diploma . Our superintendent says its because they raised the passing scores to the 2010 level ....WHAT ? So in fact we dumb-ed down the passing score. Its Multiple choice ! Come on People. This just floors me. Maybe we should stop focusing on the Tee-Shirts kids wear to class and start teaching or serious consequences should result for the students and the teachers !

Now they are talking about getting rid of the test all together ....Oh that will help the kids who cant make change for a dollar in their head compete in a global job search . ( Our future is doomed )

Point 2-

A security workshop was just held here for Law Enforcement and Security from around the country. Officials were talking about just two miles from the Laredo Texas, Mexican border in Nuevo Laredo Mexico the street lamps are covered in decapitated heads lining the street there, far as the eye could see from the Drug Cartels !

So we don't have a serious boarder security problem ? If you don't think its not spilling over the boarder our officials need a new job !! We are under attack here, our way of life, our future, and all they want to to is hand out Govt Giveaways to all these foreign nationals. I also just found out the two Boston Bombers were also on Govt welfare

In the mean time lets disarm the citizens of this United States ..... Makes no sense, non of it. We soon will be a third world country

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    You just now realized this? I knew it many years ago when high school students couldn't figure out how much a 10% discount was.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Yesterday in fl headlines saying lowering grade requirement for graduation. No more algebra, now teaching about credit cards and atms . No joke even made the 5 oclock news. Florida was already toward the bottom of the list good going teachers union.
    Cheesewiz likes this.

Spilling over the boarder!!!! More like driving over the boarder. I live in the Rio Grande Valley in south Texas, basically as far south as you can go in the U.S.A. Down here lots of cartel members live on our side of the border and go south to do their dirty deeds then come home to the family. That way they can sleep mostly peacefully.
    Cheesewiz and jackson85746 like this.

Any links to backup the streetlight claim?

23 mutilated bodies in Nuevo Laredo linked to drug gangs

You weren't kidding. That's just sick...

VIP Member
    Soon they will have pictures on cash registers ............oh wait been done

Quote Originally Posted by 91wm6 View Post
    Any links to backup the streetlight claim?
    Local Paper for Southern Nevada ...2 million Population

Top of Page-

7597076c-b0c8-4b32-9729-4a94616efd27_zpse5ec1724.jpg

Bottom of page-

d019760e-2f1c-4405-a6f1-5fb520000482_zps2602b891.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesewiz View Post
    Local Paper for Southern Nevada ...2 million Population

Top of Page-

7597076c-b0c8-4b32-9729-4a94616efd27_zpse5ec1724.jpg

Bottom of page-

d019760e-2f1c-4405-a6f1-5fb520000482_zps2602b891.jpg
    Thanks OP. makes me glad I'm leaving south Texas soon...

Distinguished Member
    Point one...core courses are being replaced with politically correct courses. When people say they don't have time to home school, I say this.: You could probably do in 3 hours what the public school does in 7 hours. When you factor in lunch, class change times, assemblies, announcements, time wasted with discipline issues, there isn't much left for real learning.

Point two...it's throughly disgusting how lax we've been on the borders, for years! Bush was horrible when it came to immigration and border security. Obama is worse. I don't know what it's going to take to turn it around before it can't be turned around. I feel very sorry for Texas and Arizona, they take the brunt of it.

I can't figure out if Obama doesn't care, is getting pay offs, is too dumb to see what's happening or just wants to see the country go down in flames and loves every minute of it. It's really disturbing.
    NONAME762, msgt/ret and 91wm6 like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Here is a kicker to the High School kids failing the Math test ....As of Tuesday our lawmakers in Nevada voted 41-0 to abolish the state mandated test for graduation . Just throw em out the door and they cant make change for $1.00 it's just too hard for them . ***

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Point one...core courses are being replaced with politically correct courses. When people say they don't have time to home school, I say this.: You could probably do in 3 hours what the public school does in 7 hours. When you factor in lunch, class change times, assemblies, announcements, time wasted with discipline issues, there isn't much left for real learning.

Point two...it's throughly disgusting how lax we've been on the borders, for years! Bush was horrible when it came to immigration and border security. Obama is worse. I don't know what it's going to take to turn it around before it can't be turned around. I feel very sorry for Texas and Arizona, they take the brunt of it.

I can't figure out if Obama doesn't care, is getting pay offs, is too dumb to see what's happening or just wants to see the country go down in flames and loves every minute of it. It's really disturbing.
    Bush, Obama, et. al. live in a world apart from the rest of us. They don't care because they don't understand. Their kids go to nice schools with armed bodyguards where the students behave themselves and have parents who care. They and their families will have lifetime bodyguards and pensions and will never have to worry about making ends meet. They can't imagine having to walk to work or school past a crack house or having to deal with some waco pounding on their door in the middle of the night.

So many of our "leaders" are completely out of touch with reality. This is one reason Obama was so unpleasantly surprised when his gun control/confiscation agenda went down in flames. This is why Mayor Bloomberg actually thinks that putting a limit on the size of a soft drink will keep people from getting fat.

Unfortunately, our political system is closed to all but the rich and connected. No ordinary person could ever be elected to an office higher than dog catcher these days. When I was a kid, we were always told that "anybody could be president". I don't think any realistic person would believe that now.
    Never get out of the boat....

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    You just now realized this? I knew it many years ago when high school students couldn't figure out how much a 10% discount was.
    I had a young cashier tell me the exact same thing once and when the discount rang up within a few cents my number was exactly right. She then asked me how I figured it out and I said I worked it out in my head and she was just dumbfounded. The look on her face was priceless.
    msgt/ret and darbo like this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

John 3:16 Gettin' Old ain't for Sissies.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    It's very hard to move a decimal point.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------ George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    As much as I hate to think this, much less say it, my opinion is Obama hates this country and is doing everything he can to ruin it.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------ George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links