I'm not carrying today

This is a discussion on I'm not carrying today within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have a dental appointment for early Thursday morning to go in for a root canal. So....Of Course the fact that I have an appointment ...

Thread: I'm not carrying today

Administrator

I'm not carrying today

I have a dental appointment for early Thursday morning to go in for a root canal.
    So....Of Course the fact that I have an appointment scheduled for THURSDAY is a "Just My Luck" signal Late Saturday Night for the nerves in that tooth to go absolutely ballistic and drive me Stark Raving Bonkers.
    Things got to the point where I was 1.5 seconds away from going down into the basement to grab a pair if "Vice Grips" to do a Home Based SHTF Emergency Tooth Extraction"

After being forced to stay awake until 3:30 AM and in utter painful frustration...I finally pulled a highly necessary Marilyn Monroe and popped a few prescription pain pills that I already had on hand for my lower back.

Then I slept for a couple of crappy hours.
    I have to go to freaking' work today.
    I can walk to work but, I doubt if I'll carry today (as experienced as I am) as I feel totally zapped out into the ionosphere.

Hey...stab me in the leg with a butcher knife...No Problem Mate!...do it again if you want to....but, that nerve pain in the face is a whole different animal.

I think I'll take my Fox Labs OC to work & since we're open to the public - I'll lock the doggone door and go back to sleep over there. Screw The Public. I feel so bombed out right now that I don't trust myself to put my own socks on.

Forgive my complaining.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    That's a real bummer, QK..

I kinda remember a story from long ago about not messing with a Grizzly bear with a sore tooth...maybe you won't need your firearm if push comes to shove..
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Assistant Administrator
    Sympathies QK - facial pain has to be about the worst - it is so close to Headquarters.

Ear pain comes a close second to dental. Strange too how more often than not the peak pain waits until night when we desperately want to sleep I have found the most tiring aspect can be pacing up and down.!

Could be you are wise to drop the carry - your decision based on your med useage and demeanor etc.

Hope it will settle a bit because Thursday is way too far off right now!! Hang in there best ya can.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Man, I feel for ya....tooth problems are unbearable. Everytime I see the "Marathon Man".....ouch.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Administrator

Question

It was to the point where I physically could not keep my right eye open and it kept spasmodically twitching shut.

Ever have a torn ear drum? ~ that's an interesting feeling.
    A broken and dislocated jaw makes for a great painful personal pity party also.

Pain can really drag you down, been there done that, got a bumper sticker. Maybe you need to see if they can move your apointment up on an emergency basis?

Hope things get better for you soon....
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

That rough QK i know how i was when i had a tooth break couldn't do anything

Bah, you don't need a gun right now. Chances are, if somebody messed with you right now, THEY will be needing emergency medical care, not you.

I just got back from being disarmed for 8 days...did some work in Ireland. It wasn't too bad...when a bum asked for money, I told him "I don't have anything for you", he APOLOGIZED and walked away.

Had a toothache for a week 2 years ago, my face was swollen and the company I worked for at the time wouldn't allow me time off for the dentist who had no evening hours.

Hope you feel better, real soon
    PC has become the term for Political Cowardice.

Administrator

Thumbs up

One advantage of living in a small borough.
    You can do things like call on Sunday & get an appointment for Monday.
    Somebody will actually return your phone call.
    People bend over backward for you if they like you.
    I'm going in first appointment tomorrow morning.

I broke off a tooth and went though some horrible pain, whiskey, straight, and lots of it didn't seem to help any (broke it on a friday night).

I ended up going to the clinic on monday morning (was active duty AF at the time) screaming in pain (okay, so I wussed out abit, dangit, it hurt).

I wanted the tooth pulled, the doc had other ideas and wanted to rebuild it (what, am I steve austin here?).

He ended up rebuilding the tooth, but I will say that the pain killers that he gave me during, after (had to have three appointments in a row due to it took him 3 hours to rebuild the tooth) helped to keep me happy.

Funny thing though, the people at work were impressed with my work during those three days, seems that I was happy at my job, would do anything to help, and was nice to everyone. I really don't remember a dang thing lol.

And they say that drugged up people aren't productive lol.

But, from that experience, if they mention root canal to me ever again, I will mention "PULL THE DAMN THING" (especially now that the rebuilding would not be free like it was then).

Wayne

Administrator
    This dentist kept shooting me up with the NUMB SKULL Juice.
    I had 5 syringes full of that $h1t & he still didn't deaden that nerve.
    He kept asking the dental assistant for higher % of 'caine.
    I didn't even know where my doggone entire face was by the time he got done hitting me up w/ that crap 40 different times.
    Wthout a doubt the worst dentist I've ever been to.

The problem is if there is active infection then it can be next to impossible to achieve local anesthesia, or so an oral surgeon once told me. Maybe then it's time for a more general "pain killer" like something 80 proof or better?
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Assistant Administrator
    QK - to heck with the 'cain - get a few good deep whiffs of nitrous LOL!

Nothing matters too much then.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Links