Russia contacted US twice about Boston bomber

This is a discussion on Russia contacted US twice about Boston bomber within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Russia contacted US twice about Boston bomber | ArabNews...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Russia contacted US twice about Boston bomber

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Yeah they contacted FBI first than CIA. But apparently we dropped the ball or just let it happened. Witch Feinstein is trying to have a congressional hearing to determinant who is to blame. As every congressional hearing the top brass will say they were not aware of it until the tragedy happened.

Reminds me of how, prior to 9/11 the FBI knew terrorists were learning how to fly large aircraft but didn't have any concern to know how to take off and land them.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Standard Operating Procedure for the Feds. Ignore warnings, over react once what they were warned about happens with power grabs directed at law abiding citizens.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

VIP Member
    As Hillary would say, "What difference does it make " One or both of the agencies was warned and the guy got a pass.

Unless a private citizen intervenes, our security seems a "little lax".
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    As Hillary would say, "What difference does it make " One or both of the agencies was warned and the guy got a pass.

You seem to foget that our intelligence is most likey not alowing more bombings. If you want 100 percent accuracy there are some spy novels I have read I can lend you.

Look, doo you have any idea how much intel is passed from agency to agency and how much data has to be sifted through? Things happen, It will happen again. And not liking a paaticulaar party is not going to change a darned thing.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    You seem to foget that our intelligence is most likey not alowing more bombings. If you want 100 percent accuracy there are some spy novels I have read I can lend you.

Look, doo you have any idea how much intel is passed from agency to agency and how much data has to be sifted through? Things happen, It will happen again. And not liking a paaticulaar party is not going to change a darned thing.
    The level of denial in this administration is astounding. They better wake up to the real threat and stop soft peddling it.

One of the agengies was warned TWICE about this guy from RUSSIA and STILL he was able to attack us. What the heck more clues do they need?

edited to add: Oh wait...maybe it was just "work place violence" like Nidal Hassan...that protected prince of the Obama administration. Nothing to look at here folks...move along.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

The level of denial in this administration is astounding. They better wake up to the real threat and stop soft peddling it.

One of the agengies was warned TWICE about this guy from RUSSIA and STILL he was able to attack us. What the heck more clues do they need?
    The FBI did interview him. They deemed him not to be a threat. That is not a political decision. That was the judegment by the folks that interviewed him. What do you want? 24 hour surveillance on every person that has been a "person of interest" or has been interviewed? We do not have now or have ever had the resource for that. Even during the COld War we could only do proper surveillance on a fraction of spies, moles, agent,...what ever you want to call them.

The Russians even said this:
    “According to interior ministry information, Tamerlan Tsarnaev did not have contact with the (Islamist) underground during his visit,” said Magomedov, quoted by his spokesperson.
    What do you want JL? Perfection? We all do. It ain't going to happen. And why bring in the administration? How could another administration have prevented this? Do you honestly think this was the only planned attack that happened? Don't you think that our intel has thwarted other plans and new policies in place have made it harder for folks to do harm to the US?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    The FBI did interview him. They deemed him not to be a threat. That is not a political decision. That was the judegment by the folks that interviewed him. What do you want? 24 hour surveillance on every person that has been a "person of interest" or has been interviewed? We do not have now or have ever had the resource for that. Even during the COld War we could only do proper surveillance on a fraction of spies, moles, agent,...what ever you want to call them.

The Russians even said this:

What do you want JL? Perfection? We all do. It ain't going to happen. And why bring in the administration? How could another administration have prevented this? Do you honestly think this was the only planned attack that happened? Don't you think that our intel has thwarted other plans and new policies in place have made it harder for folks to do harm to the US?
    No, I'm not looking for perfection, I'm looking for a President that calls a spade a spade and doesn't protect Islamic extremism like they're baby seals.
    phreddy, NONAME762 and msgt/ret like this.

No, I'm not looking for perfection, I'm looking for a President that calls a spade a spade and doesn't protect Islamic extremism like they're baby seals.
    I don't want to segue into politics. I was addressing a post you made with this statement:
    I am providing my insight and opinion on that. Now, how lax is our security and what would you do to beef it up? COnsidering that with a country this large and with as many political enemies we have that we have very few terroirist attacks in this country that succeed? How much more do you want done?

VIP Member
    I just want them to DO THEIR JOBS (especially when another country TELLS them to watch out for a particular person). We don't need more agents.

I'm no FBI agent but when someone has no visable means of support and lives on welfare, how does he get the money to travel to Russia? That's just one question I might be curious about.
    NONAME762, msgt/ret and phreddy like this.

I just want them to DO THEIR JOBS (especially when another country TELLS them to watch out for a particular person). We don't need more agents.

I'm no FBI agent but when someone has no visable means of support and lives on welfare, how does he get the money to travel to Russia? That's just one question I might be curious about.
    The Russians told us twice about him, March and Nov 2011. FBI interviewed him. He went to Russia in 2012. Apparently after the FBI interviewd him. The Russians did not say anything further after the FBI interviewed him (it appears) and the also said that his trip did not appear to have been with extremeists or any radical muslims.

What more do you want? The FBI got a tip, they investigated it. The system appears to have worked. The FBI was satified the guy was OK. (not all tips are correct JL, unfortunatley they were this time).

What else could they do? Surveill him for ever? Monitor his internet and phone calls forever without a warrant. How many folks do you think the FBI is already watching? Way more than you think. It is a resource thing. WHy would they keep watching him after they were satisfied? There is what is called individual failures. Maybe this is one of them.

JL..look at the timeline of events and what the Russians said and when. Yeah, the FBI misjudeged the guy or just plain screwed up. It happens. It could be a failure with the agents that interviewed him...we don't know. But the trip to Russia apparently was after the interview.

VIP Member
    Why wasn't he on a watch list then? He's interviewed twice and the Russians had suspicions about him.

IMO...the reason has to do with Political Correctness and the administrations stubborn refusal to acknowledge where the threats are coming from.

I don't necessairly blame the FBI or CIA...I'm sure they've been given their orders by the administration. That's why we aren't catching them and stopping them before they strike.

I rarely agree with Bob Beckle on anything but I agree with him about the Muslim "student" problem. Fat chance Obama will take any steps to address that.
    msgt/ret, phreddy and NONAME762 like this.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    The bombers immigrated from an area known for Islamic terrorist groups, we receive a warning from Russia twice that one of them needed investigating, the same person then travels back to his homeland, he also becomes more and more visibly radical even to the point of being kicked out of his mosque. This is the type of person we want the FBI paying additional attention to and stopping. He went far betond just being just another name to babysit. What happened that allowed him to slip through the system? I believe that our government is not giving adequate attention to radical Islamist individuals. We have been bullied by politcal correctness and a fear of being accused of racial profiling. We make sure that our policies have the appearane of being race neutral and inconvience citizens everyday while doing little to nothing about a group that is associated with a very large majority of these types of events.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    There is going to be sooooo much speculation on this. For what's it's worth, the CIA has no jurisdiction inside the US. Perhaps our country should just send everyone investigated to Gitmo, justified or not. That would solve everything.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links