Suicide Attempt With Gun at School Today - LaSalle HS, Cincinnati

This is a discussion on Suicide Attempt With Gun at School Today - LaSalle HS, Cincinnati within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A young man shot himself in front of a class today at LaSalle HS in Cincinnati. According to reports, nobody else was hurt or threatened. ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 2 Post By Todd_Ohio
  • 1 Post By Todd_Ohio

Thread: Suicide Attempt With Gun at School Today - LaSalle HS, Cincinnati

VIP Member

Suicide Attempt With Gun at School Today - LaSalle HS, Cincinnati

A young man shot himself in front of a class today at LaSalle HS in Cincinnati. According to reports, nobody else was hurt or threatened. The young man is fighting for his life and could use our prayers as he, obviously, has problems.

La Salle Student Who Shot Himself Now in Critical Condition - :: Cincinnati news story :: LOCAL 12 WKRC-TV in Cincinnati

HCSO: Shooting at La Salle HS was self-inflicted by student
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Really sad that a kid feels so bad about himself that death is the only way out. I hope he recovers and gets the help he needs.
    84160 and msgt/ret like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Extremely sad. Honers Student with 80 hours of community service. It would seem he would have a lot to live for.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Heavy news coverage here, its a shame but of course there is an overreaction-"Security will be heavy when school resumes" etc.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Really sad that a kid feels so bad about himself that death is the only way out. I hope he recovers and gets the help he needs.
    For a long time I have felt that the real tragedy in these types of situations, is that someone gets to the point in their life that suicide seems like the only option. Often, it is a series of events that lead up to their decision.

I say this over and over.

When gun violence is in the news, it becomes attractive to the weak. It's an easy way to become famous, or in this case to go out in a blaze of glory (you'll all remember me now!).

When the media has the faces and names of killers such as the Boston bombers plastered in front of people 24/7, it ENCOURAGES VIOLENCE in those that feel that they have nothing to live for.
    84160 and darbo like this.
    Life is about service.

Quote Originally Posted by IBGoodToGo View Post
    Extremely sad. Honers Student with 80 hours of community service. It would seem he would have a lot to live for.
    That most likely means he didn't have a lot of friends. There is a prevalence of isolation in high schools today. Kids who work hard on school work and such, often don't have time for anything else. There needs to be balance.
    Alex_C likes this.
    Life is about service.

Prayer sent. May he have a speedy recovery, both in body and mind. Through the Lord, all things are possible.
    British by birth. American by choice.

VIP Member
    Follow-up report here

Police Report Details La Salle Teen's Suicide Attempt - :: Cincinnati news story :: LOCAL 12 WKRC-TV in Cincinnati

In case you are wondering, the school is a Catholic HS.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    A family member tried that once. I told him if he ever had that thought again to let me know and I'd save him the trouble. He has yet to try again. I guess he fears me more than suicide.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links