Liberty Was Also Attacked in Boston

This is a discussion on Liberty Was Also Attacked in Boston within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sadly, we have been conditioned to believe that the job of the government is to keep us safe, but in reality the job of the ...

Like Tree18Likes
  • 2 Post By Crowman
  • 2 Post By Caertaker
  • 3 Post By Ghost1958
  • 2 Post By kapnketel
  • 5 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 4 Post By kapnketel

Thread: Liberty Was Also Attacked in Boston

Sadly, we have been conditioned to believe that the job of the government is to keep us safe, but in reality the job of the government is to protect our liberties. Once the government decides that its role is to keep us safe, whether economically or physically, they can only do so by taking away our liberties. That is what happened in Boston.
    Liberty Was Also Attacked in Boston by Ron Paul

Congress Exploits Our Fears To Take Our Liberty
    For example, the American people were promised that the extraordinary powers granted the government by the Patriot Act would only be used against terrorism. Yet soon after the bill became law, reports surfaced that it was being used for non-terrorism purposes. In fact, according to data compiled by the American Civil Liberties Union, 76 percent of the uses of the controversial “sneak-and-peak” warrants were related to the war on drugs!
    Congress Exploits Our Fears To Take Our*Liberty by Ron Paul
    blitzburgh and Jeanlouise like this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I tend to agree with Ron Paul but find myself in the minority in this neck of the woods. People are unwilling to accept personal responsibility and even when they want to, they find themselves looking over their shoulders for the government to smack them from behind for using excessive force.
    Crowman and blitzburgh like this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Go Ron Paul. He may only be one but he will say what needs saying.
    Crowman, blitzburgh and NONAME762 like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    While I agree with Paul on this one, I am no fan for a number of reasons. But I agree we cannot surrender to the Jihadi's
    atctimmy and Jeanlouise like this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    I wish I could remember where I read this...maybe on here?

Anyway, someone said that we should go back to pre 9/11/2001, repeal all the laws and agencies that were formed in response to the attack. From now on come down very hard on any terrorist that harms anyone in the United States...speedy trial, public execution, end of story.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Until we admit what the real problem is we will never defeat this enemy.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    I don't agree with Ron Paul on everything, but I do think he has this one right.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Until we admit what the real problem is we will never defeat this enemy.
    From their own lips, the problem is our existence. They have made it very clear that it's them v. us and they won't stop until one side is eradicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    From their own lips, the problem is our existence. They have made it very clear that it's them v. us and they won't stop until one side is eradicated.
    I WILL NOT BE ASSIMULATED!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Links